Elena's evil

"Whoa, what happened while I was gone?" I asked Stefan as I showed up at the cheer competition at the exact moment that Elena let Caroline fall. Stefan sighed as Elena made eye contact and then walked off. 

"Damon used the sire bond to make Elena turn it off to stop the pain she was feeling of losing Jeremy." He responded and I sighed. 

"Great, another thing for me to worry about." I muttered and I stopped a cheerleader walking by, making eye contact. 

"Don't talk." I ordered and she nodded as I leaned in and bit into her neck, feeding until I was satisfied and then gave eye contact. "You may speak, forget this happened." I said as I bit my wrist and fed her my blood and the bite healed. I shooed her off and she walked off robotically too her friends. I looked around and no one had seen, not that I had expected them too. Stefan gave me a disapproving look but didn't say anything. I shrugged.

"I was hungry." I responded nonchalantly. "Where's Klaus?" I asked bitterly and I didn't miss the small smile that tugged on his lips. 

"Still angry with him?" He asked and I scoffed.

"Not angry. Not vengeful. Nothing. I simply feel nothing about him. Anyway I'm gonna fly, I'm just here to watch Elena. Can't have her killing people and exposing vampires. I'd have to kill her if i did that." I responded dryly and then disappeared from the cheerleading hall and over to the Salvatore boarding house where I saw Elena getting ready. 

"Hey can I borrow this dress? It's super cute." I said as I ruffled through her closet and found a pink and black mini that I was in love with. She smirked at me. 

"What, no wise speech? No warnings? No magic witchy stuff?" She asked and I rolled my eyes as I changed into the dress, not waiting for a response. 

"Nah, who am I to judge? I had my humanity off for a good couple decades and I murdered innocent people. Now my hybrid boyfriend-not so much boyfriend locked me in a coffin for a couple weeks and is constantly manipulating me. I'm tired of being the wise powerful witch everyone turns too to save them. Now the only thing I can think is 'Screw them all!'" I said with a humorless laugh as I applied eyeliner to my upper eye and red lipstick to my lips. 

"Yeah but your humanity isn't off, is it? I can tell, your emotions are still there, you're just denying them." She said. "You should just let it go because the only person's whose life is more messed up than mine is yours." She responded flatly and I shrugged. 

"Here's the thing, Elena, emotions always come back on. You can't help it. Something always triggers them. Instead, you flip a different kind of switch. the 'fuck off' switch. Where you literally tell everyone to fuck off, you go travel the world, flirt with hot australians, and stop caring. That's when you actually get to let go of everything." I responded and she rolled her eyes as she turned to me.

"You too? What, now you're going to try to get me to turn them on by promising to teach me how to stop caring without flipping the switch? Sorry Ari, but that's the stupidest plan yet." She responded and I smirked and flicked her nose.

"There is and was no plan, Elena. Not everything is about you. Quite honestly I couldn't careless about the decisions you make. It must be hard for you, people either care too much or too little, huh? So tragic." I mocked and watched as she scowled and I smirked and dashed off. 

"Have a great party, make sure there's booze! Only way to have a good party!" I called too her.

"Covered!" She shouted back and my smirk widened and I took off down the street in search of Bonnie. However I quickly came face to face with Klaus. 

"Hello love, I see you're back from Salem?" He asked and I nodded, smiling sweetly and then I raced up too him, pressing my lips against his and then pulling back and back-handing him across the face. 

"Hello Silas." I said sourly as he spat at the ground, mouth dripping with a  little drop of blood and then he turned, wiped his mouth and grinned. 

"I think you're the only person I haven't fooled yet." He said, almost as if it were humorous too him. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a witch, Silas. I'm not so easily fooled. I know you can get in my head, make me see illusions, but as long as I can see through them, then you have nothing." I said confidently. 

"I see. You will be a tricky one to manipulate then. So how about you just do us all a favor, Arielle, and bring down the other side? I know you don't need the expression triangle, you don't even need a spell. Most have only ever seen a tenth of the true magic you have. I don't even think you know the extent of your magic. But we both know it's within your capabilities to bring down the other side." He said seriously. 

"Absolutely not." I said sternly. "Besides, why would I help you? You're the cause of my mother's rape and all of my problems. I want you to rot." I sneered. 

"Fine, fine. Have it your way, I'll just get Bonnie to perform the spell. No big deal." He said but I knew he was hinting at killing someone to make me want to bring down the veil to the other side. Not happening. I walked off and when he was gone, I pulled out my phone and texted Rebekah, asking if she knew where Klaus was. She informed me that he was at a his mansion and I contacted Tituba. 

"What, child? Any news?" She asked.

"Found Klaus. On my way there right now. Hows the potion coming?" I asked and she cackled over the phone and I cringed.

"Perfect. Just do your part and it'll be ready by the time you get here. We can cast the spell and this can all be done with." She responded and I hung up and I walked into Klaus' mansion, calling his name but not hearing any response. Except ruffling noises from upstairs. Curious, I walked upstairs and peaked inside his bedroom. 

And saw just as Klaus entered the Werewolf girl, Hayley. I stepped back out of the room, feeling something in me shatter completely. I didn't need air yet I breathed heavily, clutching at my chest. All sound was gone except for the sounds of them having sex and my own blood pounding in my ears. I don't how long I just stood there, the sounds echoring in my head, and the feeling of my blood running hot and then cold through my veins. However I was pulled from it when Hayley stepped out through the door. She didn't notice me till she took a step out into the hall. At first her expression was terrified, then sorry, then annoyed, and then neutral. She didn't say a word too me, instead she just hurried on down the halls and out the front door. I followed seconds after and ran, ran as far and as fast as I could until I ended up somewhere in the rocky mountains. Then, I leaned against the tree, taking a steadying breath as tears threatened to fall.

"Why do you continue to break my heart over and over again?" I whispered.