Expression

Aaaaannnnd inspiration just hit!!! I've been waiting for this!

"Why must we come to college?" I whined as Bonnie pulled me down the hallways towards this certain 'Shane's' room. Apparently he was teaching her how to use magic again. And also apparently, I wasn't capable. Not that I'd want to be. She knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" He called and we walked inside. I watched warily as the man shuffled through some book and then turned around, only to drop everything he was holding when he saw me.

"Gabrielle Strega. Wow, I cannot believe I am meeting you right now. This is amazing. I never thought I'd meet the most powerful witch to walk the earth. You really must tell your story." He said enthusiastically, eyes shining with some excitement I didn't understand. 

"How about No." I said boredly but Bonnie nudged me, giving me a stern look.

"Be nice, Ari." Bonnie told me and I rolled my eyes.

"No it's cool, Bonnie. She doesn't need to acknowledge me at all. She's a legend. Known all over the world. Her line died off after her but it's magic runs through her. The magic of Katharos. Mageia tis Artemidos." He breathed in fascination.

"Teras." I responded, narrowing my eyes at him. He laughed.

"Uh what language are you too speaking?" Bonnie asks unsurely.

"Greek." I answered flatly.

"What were you saying?" She asked curiously, eyeing the two of us. I sighed.

"The magic of Katharos is my own magic. A magic no one else has. It's also supposed to never be mentioned. Mageia tis Artemidos means magic of Artemis." I explained.

"And in response she called me a freak." Shane shrugged, actually sounded flattered that I'd even responded to him. I scoffed.

"Bonnie how could you not tell me that Gabrielle Strega was a teacher of yours. I mean, this is incredible. There was a rumor going around that Gabrielle had shown up again after completely disappearing for some fifty years. Please you must tell me where did you go?" He begged me. I looked at him in disgust. I hated people who acted all starstruck and fascinated by me.

"I didn't think it was important. Arielle how powerful are you?" Bonnie asked suddenly. It was a question that didn't come up often. Bonnie knew very well I was a powerful witch, known as the best one to ever walk the earth, but she'd never asked just quite how powerful I was, for which I was thankful. Because I myself did not know. I shrugged.

"Powerful enough that if you had actually talked to me about it I could've stopped the spirits from getting pissed off at you for using black magic. Of course I think you kind of deserved it. Black magic is not to be used, Bonnie. Anything other than natural and spiritual magic is wrong and is not meant to exist on this plain." I told her strictly. She scowled at me.

"So you're saying my gramms deserved to get hurt?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, I think you should've. But you should've known witch spirits don't play by fair rules." I told her with a shrug. She pursed her lips but didn't say anymore. Shane just stood there, looking at me in awe.

"I think i'm in love." Shane said in amazement. I raised an eyebrow, giving  him a 'wtf' look. I turned to Bonnie again.

"Why did you drag me out here again?" I asked.

"Apparently Klaus told Stefan who told Damon who told Elena about your little dislike of hunters. I think he was hoping it would get back to someone who could take you out of town to get away from the hunter." She said sheepishly. I huffed in annoyance. It's impossible to keep a secret around here.

"Damn him. Anyway I'm going to take a look around." I said boredly and while Bonnie and Shane got to working on her magic I started to look around taking a peak through some grimoires and looking through some magical items. Only one thing caught my eye though. It was a gold egyption armband with precious stones all over with intricate writings all over it. It was beautiful and I felt instantly entranced by it. It was like there was magic inside of it that called too me. It whispered a name too me, a name i knew well.

"Silas..." It whispered and I yelped and set the bracelet down, whatever that thing had said awakening my senses suddenly.

"Oh careful that's a priceless artifact...that would look lovely on you. Would you like to have it?" Shane asked me suddenly. Shaken I shook my head, wide eyed.

"No, I am never touching that bracelet again. Keep it away from me." I snapped and stalked too the other side of the room, sulking as I looked through another book. Why was I here again? Oh that's right Klaus blabbed about my little fear of hunters. Damn him. Again.

Only when Bonnie left to go to the bathroom and I picked up a book labeled Expression did my suspitions on this guy rise through the roof. I turned to look at him and found him studying me as well. I stalked him and slammed the book down on the table in front of him.

"What the hell is this?" I snapped and he looked at the cover of the book.

"A grimore on Expression." He said with a shrug. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes, why do you have it smart one? Expression is a very dangerous magic, it's not even magic. It's darkness. Pure darkness." I sneered.

"But if I remember correctly Gabrielle, wasn't it you who created expression?" He asked knowingly. I scowled at him, pursing my lips.

"By nature's will. I only ever use Expression as a last resort. Expression is nature's way of allowing me to go around the rules every once and a while. Normal witches, even a Bennett witch, should never use Expression. It's not meant to be used as magic. It's a way of balance. It's darkness, nothing more and nothing less. Darkness, because it will taint the minds, even more than black magic, of good witches who use it. Normal witches use Expression even once and they can never go back to real magic." I hissed at him.

"Why did Nature choose you anyway, Gabrielle? It's true that you are powerful, but why? What makes you so special?" He asked curiously.

"A soul split down the middle, Shane. One side is darkness, bitterness, pain, depression. The other is light it is good, kindness, love, and loyalty. That is what my soul is. The perfect balance between good and evil. The perfect balance Nature wants. But that is not the point, Professor. Let me make this perfectly clear, I am the wrong person you want to mess with. And Bonnie is my friend. You do anything to jeopardize Bonnie in the smallest, you won't have to worry about dying anymore. Because death will no longer be a paradise for you. I'll destroy your soul and torture your mind, drive you to madness and then pull you back to sanity just to experience the painful memories and then dip you back into the madness." I said venomously.

"Beautiful. Amor. You are so stunning. Breathtaking, really. Now I see why Silas chose you."

***

Short I know but it's an update! And I'm kind of conflicted because I want to follow the vampire diaries storyline as it goes along but I have some really amazing ideas for the story but they will eventually take me off of the storyline for the show. I don't know what to do.... What do you guys think? Let me know!

Please comment, vote, and fan!