Insanity can save you

"Stultum incompetenti hirudo!" I screamed at Damon and threw a book at him. It hit him square in the face.

"Stop yelling at me in different languages and throwing books at my face!" He shouted back, throwing the book back at me, to which I dodged. I ran an aggravated hand through my hair, pacing the room.

 "Elena killed the hunter because you told her too! Do you not know how very bad this is? It brings on hallucinations, pain, torture, death! I would know! Where is she now?" I asked worriedly.

"Klaus took her and locked her up." He stated and I sighed in relief.

"Well that is good news, now she can't hurt herself. At least someone seems to have common sense." I huffed, glaring at Damon from the corner of my eye. He scoffed.

"Yeah but you have to say that, he's your boyfriend." He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at his comment and hurried over to the closet, pulling out a jacket and putting it on. Since Jakob showed up, I had Klaus grab my things from my apartment for me, since Klaus was maybe the only person who Jakob's crazy mind might be a little intimidated by. He'd tried to convince me to stay at his place, but I refused. When he fought with me on it, I told him his little hybrids had been giving me the flirty eye. That shut him right up and might've made him hurt a couple of his hybrids... Oh well.

"I dont have to say anything. I bash Nikky just as I bash everyone else. But he's in the right this time while you are just in the dumb." I said childishly, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Well if you hadn't gone too that college with Bonnie and met professor Shane you could've helped us." He sneered.

"Whatever." I said and walked past him. "I'm heading to Klaus' to check on Elena. See ya, don't cause anymore trouble." I told him and drove to Klaus' and walking straight into his house.

"Ah love, you here to see Elena? Think you can perform some magic on her to get rid of the hunter's curse?" Klaus asked, walking into the room with a hybrid at his heel, who looked very nervous. I narrowed my eyes at the hybrid. Something was off. He didn't look like a hybrid willing to die for his sire. He looked like he was trying to hide something. I needed to investigate this.

"No, sadly there are no spells capable of getting rid of the hunter's curse." I said with a shrug. "Well there is one, but it only works on me and only once. So magic is useless." I answered.

"I figured as much. Go check on her, make sure she isn't killing herself." Klaus told me. I pursed my lips and he rolled his eyes. "Please?" He asked through grit teeth. I smirked and nodded, skipping past him and towards the room I heard Elena pacing around in. I stepped through the door to see Elena currently talking to the hallucination of Katherine. How can I see the hallucination? Well the fact of the matter is, i'm just special like that.

"A-Arielle? Wh-what are you doing here?" Elena asked and Katherine rolled her eyes.

"Ignore her, she has no relevance to our conversation Elena." Katherine said dismissively. Despite it not really being Katherine, I had the strong urge to head slap that wench. I stepped towards Elena.

"Elena, she is not real. Katherine, the hunter, they are hallucinations made up from the hunter's curse when you killed the hunter. Do not listen to a word she says-"

"She's lying. She's the hallucination. It's your own mind wanting to give you comfort from the truth. You killed a person. Took his life away. You're mind is making up Arielle being here right now because it doesn't want to face the fact that you are nothing more than wasted space on this earth." Katherine sneered. Elena looked torn between who to trust.

"Listen, I know how hard it is to face the truth, Elena. I was a monster for the majority of my life.You did what you had to, to save your brother. You know me, Elena. It's not in my nature to lie about what I think. You are not a monster and everyone makes mistakes. Live up to them, take responsibility, but do not run away from them. Killing yourself, that's not solving the problem, that's condemning yourself before you give yourself a chance to fix it. Be a better person, fight for it, live for it for the rest of your immortal life. You have time. Don't give up simply because you made a mistake." I told her. Her eyes shined with tears but it all ended when Katherine popped back into the picture.