Her darkness

See, this is why you should've never been the chosen one! You are incapable of controlling your emotions. Esther shouted at me in my head. I don't know how long I'd been sitting there on the forest floor of the island but it was dark out now and I could hear the calls of animals. 

Leave the girl alone, Esther! Stop acting so high and mighty. You're just angry because nature didn't choose you as the most powerful witch. Obviously Arielle has a hidden power none of us know of, some reason Nature chose her. Ayana spoke, scolding Esther. Esther scoffed but said nothing else. 

Both of you, shush! Do you want the darkness to swallow her? Abigail hissed at them, quieting the witchs speaking in my head. I stood up shakily, taking a deep breath and letting it out. 

"It's alright, Abbie. Thank you but let them talk. I won't let the darkness take over, not like before. I know better." I answered and started in the direction of the tomb. I made it too the tomb easily and climbed through the tunnels, almost instantly coming across Rebekah and Damon hurt on the ground. A dry smile crossed my lips. 

"Arielle! Help me!" Rebekah said in relief. I raised an eyebrow at the both of them. 

"Yeah, me too." Damon groaned. 

"Sorry, you're both looking for the cure and that makes us enemies as of current. I can't help you." I told them. Their shouts of idignation and anger went unheard as I continued on the path to the tomb, ignoring Shane's desperate pleas along the way as well. Only when I saw Elena unconcious on the ground did I stop and help her. She groaned in pain as I helped her wake up however when her eyes snapped open she ran in the direction of the tomb without a word too me. I rushed after her in frustration, stopping, my mouth dropping in disbelief as I saw the scene before me. Bonnie has been stabbed, Silas has been fed, and Jeremy is dead. 

"Jeremy!" Elena cried, trying to wake him up, but I could tell that his soul has gone from his body. However, I didn't dare tell Elena that. I knew from experience how dangerous it could be to tell a grieving person to lose all hope. 

"Elena." I said quietly but she didn't hear me. "Elena." I said a little louder. After several more times of repeating her name she finally looked up-tear streaked face looking up at me.

Ari! please, please, can you bring him back? Please bring him back!" She begged and I sighed, kneeling down next to her. I put my hand over Jeremy's heart and listened for a beat. There was nothing-like I suspected. I choked back tears of my own as I turned and glared at Silas' body.

"You didn't have to kill him." I whisper and his chuckle sounds in my head.

Yes I did.

"No, you wanted too. You're sick and twisted and cruel. You've lived over two thousand years and you are still as ignorant as a child." I hissed and he remained quiet as I returned to comforting Elena.

"I'm sorry Lena, but there's nothing I can do." I told her sadly. "The other side already has it's grip on him."

"it's okay, the ring. The ring can bring him back." She convinced herself and Stefan came along and as they exchanged words I turned around and walked over to Silas' still unmoving body.

"You should know better than anyone Silas. Love can change a person. You've just taken every person this girl has loved away from her. Imagine what she'll do to get her revenge." I whispered.

Yes but I have something she didn't. Over two thousand years of planning.

"Yes and I've had over three hundred. Doesn't matter how long you have Silas, doesn't matter how many armies you have or how much magic, all that matters in the end is the pain. Because after losing love and after being filled with so much pain and anguish with it still fresh in your mind, you become more ruthless than a demon. Afterall, what else do you have to fight for besides revenge on those you've lost when you have no one to turn to? All your pain becomes hatred and bitterness with no one to care about your despair. You've had two thousand years to sit on your pain and hatred, to let wounds heal while you planned. But no one is more dangerous than those first months of pain. That is when it's at it's strongest and that is when they are at their strongest." I said venomously and he once more didn't respond. With a final glare at him and a mental sneer I turned and followed Elena and Stefan out of the tomb.