The awakening

So, things are starting to move more into my own plotline (that will still somewhat follow the shows) and I'm warning you now, things are about to get very messed up. And I mean very very messed up. I've warned you all in the past through the story that Arielle has a very disturbing and dark past, that dates back way before she was even born. When I created this character I knew that no doubt she was going to be extremely powerful, one of the most powerful beings on earth, but with that I couldn't allow her to be perfect. She has a lot of flaws, a lot of fears, and she isn't as well put together as she may seem. She's probably the most traumatized character I've ever written about and if she were a real character on the show, she'd be the most traumatized as well. You have been warned. Things are about to get sinister.

"I swore I would never come back to this island as I long I existed." I muttered angrily to myself, pushing through vines and underbrush. "How did they find the tombstone anyway? I mean I understand how they found the sword, that was out of my hands, but the tombstone? And the island? This just isn't fairplay." I grumbled. A vine shot out to grab hold of me and I glared at it hatefully and it shrivelled up and turned to dust before my eyes.

someone's in a bad mood

"Silas, I swear, get ouf of my head or I'll destroy this entire island and you along with it." I threatened with a huff.

Always so arrogant. He mused. we both know who has the more power between the two of us, princess. I am your father.

"Right, darth vadar." I said dryly, rolling my eyes. "And you're not my father, you were just controlling the body of the man who was my father. It'd been ever sicker if you were my actual father." I said in disgust. He chuckled in my head.

Well I come from a time when affections between family members isn't as strange as it is today.

"Seriously, shut up. You're revolting and making me sick to my stomach." I said, my stomach twisting uncomfortably. He chuckled once more but kept quiet. Seems he didn't want to deter my journey to find him. Little did he know that if I did awaken him, the first thing I'd be doing is shoving that cure down his throat and ripping his heart out.

When I saw a fly of dark brown hair through the trees I narrowed my eyes and sped after the person, grabbing them by the throat and pushing them into a tree.

"Whoa, you scared me, Ari." She said, breathing heavily. I smiled bitterly at her.

'Hello Katie." I said flatly. She frowned and puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

"How can you always tell it's me?" She pouted. I rolled my eyes. 

"Still trying to get the cure, Katherine? Are you really going to make me kill you?" I asked, black veins appearing under my eyes as I showed what I truly was. I squeezed her throat tighter and she choked a little but managed to keep a smirk on her face.

"Come now, Arielle, you wouldn't kill me. You need someone to torture." She commented and I shoved her away and she flew into a tree and fell to the ground, coughing and holding her throat. The trees around us darkened and sunk into the ground, instead sharp black rocks rising from the ground in their place. The greenery underneath us turned dark as well and i'm sure Katherine might've thought I'd sent her falling through a bottomless pit if she couldn't feel the grass on her legs.

"A-Arielle. Wh-at are you doing?" She asked, for once true fear sneaking into her face. The jagged black rocks broke off from the ground and surrounded Katherine, pointing their sharp edges at her. She looked at me, fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Katherine, but I warned you. You just can't stay out of my way can you? Well I suppose years of running from Klaus has done nothing for you. I'll end you now." I said, my voice not even my own. The real me, the me that was now deep within this darkness shouted at my own darkness to stop this, that we could find another way, that this wasn't necessary but I was too far gone. That is, I heard her.

"Gabby!" I snapped my eyes over to see Abigail and Betty, holding hands and standing in a small pool of light I'd surrounded Katherine and I in. They reached out for me desperately, urging me to leave the dark behind. "Please, Gabby, you're stronger than this." Abigail begged and they walked towards me and Betty stood beside me, taking my hand and smiling up at me softly.

"It's okay. You're not alone." Betty whispered. The darkness faded away slowly, the green grass showing again and the trees rising from the ground. The sound of the forest could be heard once more instead of the haunting silence of darkness. I could feel my own personal darkness start to recede and I tightened my hold on Betty's hand, tears sliding from my eyes as I watched Abigail and Betty smile at me as they faded away into the light. When I felt the loss of Betty's hand, I collapsed to the ground. No sound came from me, only silent tears streaking down my face as I trembled. Katherine didn't hesitate, she stood up shakily and ran. The trees around me blurred as tears continued to build and fall from my eyes.

***

I growled angrily as Betty and Abigail managed to pull my girl from the darkness I'd been working so hard on cultivating in her from the day she was born. Leaving her without a father was only the start. Killing her good for nothing mother, pulling Abigail into the darkest of magic, making her believe Klaus tried to kill her that night so many years ago! Buliding up that darkness. I almost killed Lexi when she pulled her from the darkness so many years ago. I'd just barely been able to bring that inner darkness to the surface again and then they had to show up and pull her from the depths of destruction.

I took a calming breath and averted my attention from my broken girl to her friends currently in search of my tomb. They were close. Shane had been a good servant too me. And katherine was coming close as well.

Hurry hurry, little doppleganger. Awaken me and set me free from this tomb.

***

First off, no complaining that it's short! Okay? I think all of the secrets I've just unveiled too you make up for the shortness of this chapter. Plus I've been sick and barely just got better so you're lucky I even updated.

Anyway, I had fun writing this chapter because of finally getting to unveil all of these secrets. Plus things just got really morbid and dark and I have fun writing that because I love the tension it brings. So how about some comments, votes, and fan for finally giving you some light on the situation?

Oh and before I forget, let me just say you guys are the greatest readers ever. Reading all of your comments just makes my day and I love hearing what you guys think and it makes me work harder to try and become a better writer so thanks for being so awesome!