Chapter 31: Nobody Get's Left Behind

"Looks as if we can't even make it around the building either," Nathan observed, "We will have to go through it."

"Should make for an interesting shortcut," Jessica stated, "Probably looks pretty cool in there."

"I'm just worried that there might be a lot of walkers in there," Nathan said as the group walked closer to the factory, "We can't see them right now, but there is bound to be some in there."

"Let's just hope that there aren't too many. As long as we can handle them, we should be fine," Ray said as he grabbed on to the loading bay door, "Now come help me lift this up Nathan."

"Will do," Nathan agreed as he grabbed on to the door, "Okay, on three. One. Two. Three."

They lifted up on the door and it slowly creaked up. The metal of the door screeched as it grinded on the rails. Ray and Nathan held the door up, as they gestured the group to walk in. Once everybody was through, the two of them shuffled in, and the door slammed down behind them with a clang.

"Shit that was loud," Randi stated as she pulled out a flashlight. She shone her light onto the factory, and grew tense as she looked out to see at least a dozen walkers in the area, "There are a lot of walkers in here."

"I can see that," Nathan said as he looked around, "It doesn't look as if they noticed us though. Which is a surprise, that door was not very quiet."

"They must be focused on something else," Jessica stated as the group watched the walkers do absolutely nothing.

"Look, there is one right there," Ray pointed at a walker who was shuffling across the floor in front of them, "It hasn't even looked at us."

"This is really weird," Pablo stated as he sneaked closer to the walker. He got right up behind it and stabbed it in the head, and the walker barely even noticed he was there.

"He didn't even realize I was there until the knife was in his head," Pablo added as he put the knife back in his pocket.

"Bring it over here," Nathan ordered Pablo. Pablo dragged the corpse over to the group, and Nathan bent down beside it, and looked at it.

"Pass me the flashlight Randi," Nathan ordered as he reached his hand out. Randi placed the flashlight in his hand, and he examined the rotten corpse.

"This would be why it didn't know we were here," Nathan stated, "It doesn't have any eyes, nose or ears. So it can't see, smell, or hear us. And judging the fact that none of the other walkers have noticed us either, I would assume that all of them are like this."

"How the hell did they get like this?" Randi asked.

"Well since they are mutilated like this, I would assume it was the armies doing," Nathan stated, "Which means that this would be a Walker Holding Zone. And the safest way to make sure nobody got attacked by these things would be to minimize their senses."

"But since they can't see, hear or smell, they probably have a very acute sense of touch," Ray assumed, "So they will probably attack anything that touches them, including other walkers."

"We could probably use other walkers to our advantage then right?" Randi asked, trying to add to the conversation.

"No there is no point, it's way too dangerous," Jessica answered, "They would be too difficult to control. Best to just stay out of their way.

"I want to test this theory out first," Ray said as he picked up a brick, "I want to see how they react to touch."

He hurled the brick across the room, and it hit one walker in the shoulder. As the group theorized, the walker went beserk after feeling the brick hit it, and started thrashing around.