Chapter 8: Labour Problems

"Come help me push this car!" Ray ordered Josh.

"This is a lot of cars. It's going to be a while before we can get going again", Josh said as he walked towards Ray.

"Ya so we will have to work hard if we want to get on the road again. And with all of this snow on the ground its going to be even harder", Ray stated as he started to push, "Come on, let's push." They pushed the car and it crashed into the ditch.

"Damn it! That was loud", Josh said as they backed away from the car.

"Try to keep it down over there! We don't need to attract the attention of every walker in the area!" Leroy yelled.

"We'll try our best!" Josh yelled back, "I'm gonna search through the car. See if I can find anything worth keeping."

"Okay I'll look in some other cars", Ray said as he walked away. Josh walked to the car and opened up the door. 

"Nothing useful in here", Josh said to himself as he opened up the glove box, "Nothing in the glove box either."

"Josh are you done?" Ray asked, "Come and help me move more cars!"

"I'll be right there!" Josh said as he climbed out of the car. Meanwhile Jessica was sitting in the bus, starting to go into labour. She was convinced at first that it was nothing. She had been feeling minor contractions for the past few weeks and was sure that that contraction was just another one. But it felt stronger this time, not as painful as she had heard but painful none the less. Just then she felt an even stronger pain on her left side. At this point she had stopped doubting. She knew that her baby was coming, she knew that now she would be fighting for two lives.

"Unghh!" Jessica moaned as she wrapped her arms around her abdomen. 

"Martin get your ass over here!" Randi yelled. She was almost as stressed out as Jessica because she had never delivered a baby before.

"What is it?" Martin asked as he ran towards the girls at the back of the bus.

"It's Jessica! She's having her baby!" 

"Are you sure? How many contractions has she had?" 

"She's only had two, and they were about five minutes apart."

"Oh my", Martin said as he kneeled down in the bus aisle, "You are going to have to get off of the seat Randi. Jessica will need to lay down." 

"Unnnghhh!" Jessica moaned louder this time. It was starting to hurt even more.

"Okay Jessica. Your going to need to lay down and take off your pants. And you also need to breath. It will be easier for the both of us if you can relax." 

"Randi can I hold your hand?" Jessica asked in pain.

"Of course", Randi answered as she reached out to Jessica. Jessica grabbed her hand and squeezed tightly.

"Do you hear that?" Ben asked as he got out of a vehicle, "Sounds like somebody is moaning inside the bus."

Jordan immediatly ran towards the bus. He tried to open up the door but it wouldn't budge. So he went to the window and yelled, "Jessica! Is everything okay?"

Randi went to the window and said, "She's okay. She is starting labour. Why don't you just come inside?"

"I would but the door is stuck!" Jordan answered, "Baby you'll be fine! Just listen to what Martin tells you to and you'll be fine! Is there anything you want me to get Martin?"

'Actually it would be great if you could get some water for me. She will need lots of water or she will become dehydrated", Martin answered.

"Okay I will be right back!" Jordan said as he ran away from the bus, "I need everybody to look for water! Jessica is going through labour and she needs water!"