Chapter 18: Crime and Punishment

"What's going on?" Josh asked as he gained conciousness again. He was tied down to a chair, in a cold dark building. His vision was still blurry from the car crash.

"That's none of your concern", a man said. The man was working at a table with his back turned to Josh.

"Who are you?" Josh asked trying to make out who the person was.

"Do you not recognize my voice?", the person asked, "We used to be friends."

"I recognize your voice", Josh said, "I just can't think of your name."

"Well that upsets me. Considering our past, you would think that you would know who I am."

"Show yourself", Josh said, trying to losen the ropes tied around his wrist, "I will recognize you if you show yourself."

The man walked away from the table, holding a knife. He walked up to Josh leaned down and looked Josh in the eye. The man was older, and the scars and burns on his made him look much older,  "Do you recognize me now?"

"Holy shit! Samuel!" Josh said as he pushed back his chair, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" Samuel said as he drove the knife into Josh's knee. Josh clenched his fists as a sharp pain shot through his body.

"Fuck!" Josh yelled in pain. Samuel pulled the knife out of Josh's leg and wiped the blood on the knife off on the chair.

"It doesn't feel very good, does it?" Samuel asked as he stabbed the knife into Josh's knee again.

"Why are you doing this?" Josh muttered in pain.

"Because you did some bad stuff, Josh", Samuel answered as he twisted the knife around in Josh's leg, "You deserve way worse then what I'm doing right now."

"What do you mean?" Josh asked, through his clenched teeth.

"You know exactly what I mean", Samuel answered, "You hurt many people back in Edmonton, and now you and your friends are going to pay for it."

"No don't do anything to them! They had nothing to do with it!"

"That wouldn't be very fair though, Josh. Your friends get out easy while you suffer for all of them."

"But they didn't do anything. They are completely innocent."

"I know full well that they didn't do anything", Samuel said as he pulled the knife out of Josh's leg again, "But I want to make you pay. And hurting your friends will hurt you in the long run. Because when they figure out that you were the reason that this all happened, they will turn on you."

"You're fucking crazy."

"No, I'm just smart. And I think that you need to learn your lesson", Samuel stated as he put the knife up close to Josh's face, "Now what should I do. A little cut here. A little cut there."

"You better fuck the hell off!"

"No. You better shut the hell up!" Samuel said as he slammed the knife back into Josh's leg. Samuel stood up and walked back to the table. He came back a few seconds later holding a pair of pliers.

"What are those for?" Josh asked even though he knew full well what they were for.

"Open your mouth", Samuel demanded holding the pliers up to Josh's face.

"Fuck off!" Josh said before he clenched his jaw, trying to stop access to his mouth.

"Open your god damn mouth!" Samuel ordered as he punch Josh across the face. He pulled open Josh's mouth and put the pliers inside. He started to pull on one of the teeth and he said, "Now let's play a little game. For every tooth that I pull out I will remind you of one thing that you did the other night."