Chapter 7: Winter Storm

"We need to get back to the hotel", Ben ordered as he looked out the window, "It looks like a storm is about to hit us. We won't be able to survive the storm if we hang out around here."

"He's right! We need to move out now!" Jane agreed.

"I'll go get Ray!" Jessica offered.

"That wimps still sulking over his dead girlfriend?" Jane commented, "He needs to learn how to move on."

"His girlfriend just died!" Jessica angrily stated, "Jayme was the last bit of family that he had left!"

"I lost all of my family too. But you can't worry about the past. You need to fight to stay alive!" Jane said, looking Jessica straight in the eye.

"She was trying to stay alive! She just got unlucky!"

"I wouldn't say it was unlucky. She was stupid. It was obvious that the ceiling was about to cave in, even her wimp of a boyfriend could tell."

"She was not stupid!" Jessica yelled as she got ready to attack Jane.

"Ladies calm down! This is no time to fight. We need to go back to the hotel. Go get Ray! And be fast!" Ben demanded as he broke up the two girls. So Jessica walked down the hall towards Ray. She sat down beside him and said,

"How are you doing?"

"I don't know... I just can't believe she's gone..." Ray replied, "But I'm guessing that's you came over here to tell me that it's time to go."

"Unfortunatly that's true. There is a blizzard roliing in to town. Ben says that we need to get going."

"Okay... I'm just going to put her in the other room. I don't want to leave her here to let her be eaten by walkers."

"Sounds good. I'll be waiting right here for you." So Ray picked Jayme up and carried her into the room. He layed her down on the bed and pulled the blankets over top of her. He looked down at her for a few seconds then leaned down and said,

"I love you, Jayme." He kissed her and walked away. He left the room and locked the door. He walked towards Jessica and said, "Okay, I'm ready to go."

 "Everybody else is outside already. We just need to cross the street", Jessica said as they walked down the hallway. They got to the end of the hall and crawled out the open window. They climbed down the fire escape and walked across the street to the hotel. When they got inside and Ben asked,

"How bad is it out there?"

"It's getting pretty bad. And I don't think it will die down anytime soon", Raymond answered.

"Blizzards around these parts usually last a while around these parts", Ron stated, "We are going to have to stay inside for a while."

"Hopefully it doesn't last too long", Ben said, "We will have to get some more food soon."

"We'll let's not just stand around freezing our asses off. Let's start a fire", Jordan stated as he picked up some wood. 

"Here are some matches", Leroy said, tossing a box of matches towards Jordan, "Don't waste them. Those things are hard to come by." So Jordan grabbed a match and some paper and started the fire. He sat down and tried to warm up. Jessica sat down beside him and started to snuggle with him. Soon everybody else was sitting by the fire, trying to keep warm.

"So I think since we've got everybody sitting around the camp fire it would be a good time to tell a few stories. And what better stories are there then the stories of our lives?", Martin suggested, "I can go first if you guys wish."