Chapter 22: Explosive Bargaining

"Let's go!" Nathan yelled as he smashed a copper pipe into a walker's head. He dashed across the street towards the alley on the other side. The rest of the group followed closely behind, fighting off any walkers that attacked.

"Keep moving!" Nathan yelled as he got halfway across the street, "We are almost across!"

They stay close together, to avoid people getting isolated from the group. As more walkers closed in, more and more zombie skull's were being crushed by the group's makeshift weapons.

"Okay, Pablo. I'm going to boost you over the fence. You need to unlock it from the other side, and let us through. You think you can do that?" Nathan asked.

"Ya, I can do it", Pablo answered. So Nathan put his hands together as support and Pablo stepped into them. Nathan hoisted Pablo off of the ground and Pablo scaled over the fence.

As Pablo scaled the fence, more and more walkers crept towards the group. When Pablo reached the ground on the other side, he quickly unlocked the gate, so the rest of the group could get through. They quickly rushed in to the alley, and locked the gate behind them. The walkers grabbed on to the fence and tried to reach through.

"Where do we go now, Nathan?" Ray asked as he looked at the walkers.

"Into the building. The police station is just down the street, and i would rather go through the building then have to fight my way through the walkers", Nathan answered.

"I think anybody would rather do that", Ben stated.

"Obviously, anybody would rather want that, so just fucking go!" Nathan yelled, " That fence isn't going to hold them for long!"

They piled into the building and quickly closed the door. Walkers were banging on the windows, and rattling the fence. They were everywhere, and the group knew the way they came from would not be the way that they would be returning.

"Let's go! The police station is close", Nathan stated, "Try to stay away from the windows though, I don't know how stable they are."

"I wouldn't imagine the glass would hold for much longer. With all of the racket the walkers are making I would imagine that they could break any minute", Ray stated.

"How could the walkers be making that much noise?" Pablo asked,  "They are just banging on the glass."

"I thought it sounded a bit weird. It sounds more like a truck", Ben stated.

"Who would be here?" Ray asked, "You don't think it could be the group from Edmonton do you?"

"There is no way", Ben rebutted, "Jessica went all psycho bitch and killed all of them."

"But that was just the group that attacked us. The group in Edmonton might have sent a search party for the members of their group", Ray suggested.

"Whoever it is, they probably will not be kind", Nathan said, " I'm sure that if they see us they may attempt to kill us. It's probably best just to hide behind something. Stay out of their eyesight."

Nathan took cover behind a shelf and watched out the window. The rest of the group hid behind objects as well, and waited for Nathan's command.

"The walkers are moving away from the window", Nathan observed, "They must have heard the sound of the truck. Oh and here comes the truck. Seems like there are a few men in there, hard to tell for sure though."

"What do you want us to do?" Ben asked.

"I want you to shut the fuck up", Nathan demanded, glaring at Ben, "If they hear us we are screwed."