Memories... Ch. 44

It is still too early to believe.

The pendulum swings,
Then swings back.

The story has been pressing on into the future.
Temporarily stopping here, then swings back into the past.
It will only take a moment.
Onward then, to a far away place at incredible speed.
It must be known,
But
It cannot be known.
What lays there is truth behind the mask.

110 Years ago,Before Ichigo walked the earth. Himiko was alive. Alive and grown. Newly promoted as the Lieutenant of the second company. She was second seat to Captain Yoruichi. She was a part of the secret remote squad, a skilled warrior. This is but a small glimpse of what her life was like, before it was "rewound." (The cover is a picture of Himiko at the end of the chapter.)

Himiko's pov.

"C'mon, Kensei!" I yell, waving my blade at him. "You have to fight back! You're not gonna hurt me! I promise!"
The white haired man looks at me, eyebrows drawn down. "I don't hit women, Lieutenant Yamamoto. Go bother someone else."
I pout, sheathing my blade. "Aw, you're no fun, Ken. You never train with me anymore." I walk over to him, linking our arms. "It's like you don't want my company. It hurts my feelings, ya know?"
Kensei sighs, walking towards the exit. "I just don't want to hurt you again, Yama."
"I'm not some porcelain doll, Ken. What happened last time was not your fault. I should've controlled myself." I say, walking down the streets of Seireitei with him.
"You almost burned down half the city, including me."
I laugh, shaking my head. "I admit, I went overboard. You were the one who ticked me off, Kensei. You got me all fired up."
Kensei looks up at the setting sun, shaking his head. "It's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow, Himiko. Maybe we can sparr, for a while."
I squeal, doing a small victory dance. "Yay! I knew you couldn't resist! You love training, Kensei. Almost as much as I do."
He sighs, a small smile dancing on his face. "Go and get some sleep. Or else I'll rethink my decision."
I grin, giving him a tight hug. "Night, Kensei. I'll see you tomorrow then!" He nods and lets me go, watching me flash step away.

I end up at the twelfth company barracks, landing in their backyard. I see Kisuke on the porch, dangling his feet of the edge. He looked deep in thought, eyes on the horizon.
"Hey! What's up, Shaggy?" I ask, walking to him.
"Oh?... Lieutenant Yamamoto. What are you doing here?" He asks, lifting his head.
I glare at him, throwing my sandal at his head. "Just because you're a captain now doesn't mean you can pretend like you don't know me, Kisuke. How dare you speak to me like that! I should go and tell Yuro right now!"
The sandal hits him on his cheek. He laughs, rubbing his face. "Sorry, Himi. You just surprised me. How can I help you?"
I shrug, looking around. "Oh, I don't know. I meant to flash step to my house, but I stepped in the wrong direction. I think I'm getting a hand of it, though. Cap said that I could have it mastered in a few days."
Kisuke laughs, shaking his head. "You are a fast learner. Did she start teaching you today?"
"Yep. It's not as hard as people say. It's all about spiritual control."
Kisuke nods, standing up. "Well, maybe you should visit me tommorow, Himiko. I'm tired and I have to figure out a way for my new Lieutenant not to kill me."
I laugh, nodding. "Hiyori is such a hot head. If you need any help with her, just ask. I know her secret weakness." I say, playfully saluting him. "I'll see you later, then. Night, Kisuke."
"Goodnight, Himiko." He says, watching me disappear.

Nine years Later.

I knelt on a pillow, in front of Captain Yoruichi. She was briefing me in a mission.
"You be following the ninth company. There has been a string of disappearances, all that wes left were there clothes laying on the floor. So, the ninth company has launched an investigation. Just survey the area and take notes. It'll just be you, Lieutenant Himiko."
I nod, grinning at her. "It's been a while, Yoru. I miss going on missions."
She laughs, standing up. "Well, this may be a dangerous one. Just promise me you'll come back, Himi." She says, meeting my eyes seriously.
I tilt my head, frowning. "Of course, Yoru. You don't have a spare Lieutenant laying around somewhere, do you?" I ask, hugging her. "I'll see you tomorrow morning!"
She nods, watching me run out the room.