XIII

"Dawg you ain' slap her

"Dawg you ain' slap her. You slapped that bitch? In ha' mouth?!" Cortez asked for the fifth time, still crying laughing like the first time he asked. Yanni was back in Philly, and it was the day before New Years Eve. She was at Amere's house, and was on the phone with Sincere and Nyx, just to get the story over with because they were all dying to know what happened when she saw Stefani.

"Yes," Yanni laughed. "I wasn't gonna do it! I swear to God I wasn't. I was just gon tell her about herself and let her hoe ass be, but she started talking shit back, callin' me a bitch, cussin' in my daddy house, and she touched my face. I had to," she explained.

"I'm not no crazy ass girl, but she was comin at me real stupid," she rolled her eyes.

"Nah, you is crazy," Amere chuckled. "Crazy as hell, remind me not ta' fuck wit' you," he said.

"Nah for real, lil Yanni'a slap the taste out ya' mouth, you betta' stop playin' wit' sis," Tez said, still not recovering from his fit of laughter. "Lord knows I wish I was thea' to watch that shit,"

When Yanni came back from her car, where she sat in complete silence to calm herself, Stefani was indeed out of her sight. Vivica tried to lecture her about being childish and ruining everyone's holiday for some petty issues over a boy. That didn't go over well, because her father stood up for her, shocking Yanni. It's not like he never did it before, but he usually did it in private.

Yanni's mom also came to her defense, and Vivica immediately stopped her rambling, because everyone knows what it was between them. After that, the rest of the day went on like nothing even happened, her nephew woke up from his nap, resumed playing, they had Christmas dinner and everything was fine.

Before she left though, her dad did tell her she had to be careful what she did. She had a very important career and he didn't want her risking it for somebody like her. She understood, and promised not to slap anyone else.

Unless they hit her first.

Just as they were about to continue their conversations, Tez's phone rang. He scrunched his nose up, confused because it wasn't saved.

"Nigga answer," Amere said.

"Don't tell me what ta' do, bitch. Hello?" he answered, making Yanni laugh. "O-oh wassup, I ain' expect you to—huh?  You said what?" he said, confused. He stood to his feet, and causing Yanni and Amere to exchange looks.

"It's not makin' sense ta' me, love, I'on know what else to—Friday? I mean...yeah. Yeah," he nodded. "Aight. See you then," he pulled the phone from his ear.

"Um...what was that about?" Yanni asked.

"Yeah, you lookin a lil lost, brudda," Amere spoke.

"That was shorty," he chuckled, making Yanni gasp.