[24]

Byeol POV

Tonight's the night.

It's our last day in North Korea, and I needed to complete my mission before I returned back to the CIS headquarters. My flight to Japan was at sunset, and then the whole car ride to South Korea would take a long time. It was already 6pm meaning I had a very short amount of time to do what I needed to do.

These feelings, this love. It will all fade, and one day I'm gonna look back and laugh at myself for thinking that I actually had a chance at having happiness. Of course I don't want to do this, but going against my mission would literally be like going to war with an army. Many would lose their lives, including me.

I let Jungkook and uncle Jeon have their own day together, the father and son pair are probably never going to meet again. I went into uncles bedroom without the 2 of them knowing and searched quietly for uncles gun in his drawers.

"What are you doing?"

I froze at Jungkook's voice which rose from behind me momentarily, quickly covering the gun I had just found with papers.

"Just, looking for old pictures," I lied, he tilted his head, looking at me carefully while walking towards me slowly.

"Are you sure that's what you were doing?" He whispered in my ear making me gulp, his aura was so strong my legs felt like melting in that spot

"Oh come on, you're hurting my feelings, stop being so suspicious," I faked a laugh, hitting his arm. What I really wanted to say was: please be more suspicious of me, please find out my secret, please kill me, before I do.

"How about we, go for a walk around the lake?" I suggested, changing the topic, he nodded with an unreadable expression. He took my hand into his, intertwining it while we walked outside.

"You know Byeol, your eyes are beautiful," he began, letting go of my hand to walk slightly ahead.

"Thank you-"

"So beautiful I would've never known they belonged to someone I despised," he finished, turning around with a gun pointed my way.