consequences.

byeol pov

byeol pov.

I watched life leave his eyes. The bullet had embedded itself into his forehead, guaranteeing death. After dropping the gun, I dropped myself, falling onto my knees.

Jungkook rushed over to me, pulling me into his embrace. "How do you do it?" He asked, making me chuckle, "I'm not sure, I guess dying just, isn't my thing." I told him as he helped me stand up straight. "So, Taehyung's fine too?" He questioned making my expression drop, "r-right?" His eyes had gotten slightly teary.

"Jungkook I..." I had no words, I was speechless. "Is he- he can't be, is he d-dead?" He couldn't even build the words to ask me without stuttering. "He helped me but then..." I covered my eyes, unable to continue. "So he's g-gone?" Jungkook furrowed hid eyebrows.

"Nah he's outside I'm joking," I stopped the act making him sigh in relief. "That was not funny at all," he glared jokingly before we headed out. Jungkook's face lit up as soon as he saw his brother, he ran to him immediately, firmly wrapping his arms around him. "Relax brother, anyone would think you actually thought we died," Taehyung spoke, struggling to breathe through the tight hug. As they parted Jungkook exchanged glances with both me and Tae.

"Now is anyone going to tell me how on earth you guys actually got out?"

flashback

As much as he didn't want to, Taehyung's hand slowly lifted towards my neck, pressing the knife against it. "Thank you," I muttered as what I thought to be my last words.

"URGH!" The door broke down revealing a woman, her sudden appearance surprised Taehyung, causing his hand to slip and cut my neck but not even close to deep enough. It was the secretary, the real one. I'd switched places with her to take her identity when I entered the building.

"Ma'am you shouldn't be here," I said, looking down at the bomb, watching it's timer go down to 3 minutes. "Well if I wasn't here then you'd die," she said, pulling out an axe. She must've ran down to the weapons closet as soon as she knew what was happening. She was famous for loyalty towards the country and those people who helped it.