ignore.

jungkook pov

jungkook pov.

"FUCKING WOMEN."

I cursed, exiting the bathroom as I disconnected from Byeol. That absolute bitch. SHE'S GOING TO GET US KILLED. I should've said bye to my hyungs. I was already visioning the incoming events, picturing the most negative happenings.

I looked up to try catch a glimpse of Byeol on the 3rd floor, "looking for something?" The leader approached me out of nowhere, I supposed he had invited a lot of the people in the Korean mafia considering he was speaking in my language. "I was just admiring the interior, it's exquisite," I replied, forcing a slight smile.

"It really is quite wonderful isn't it? Only the best for such a celebration, which gang are you part of?" He questioned, "insurgents," I responded, I'd read the invite list and saw the names of mafia groups invited so it wasn't a question that put me on the spot.

"I do admire your group, rebels, I used to be one," he went into deep thought as my eyebrows slightly furrowed at his accent. It's not an overseas one, it sounds almost... North Korean. "Not anymore no?" I tilted my head, attempting to stall more time for Byeol.

"I lost my partner in crime, it's not the same," he shrugged, tone a little bitter. "Anyone in your life?" He asked, right as I was about to answer yes I realised.

I don't.

Not anymore.

"Unfortunately no, it's slightly lonely, my past lover was great though. Quite the woman," I smiled unknowingly. "Well there's something we can relate on, fierce woman mine was," he seemed in his own world, probably reminiscing his ex. "It was great talking to you Mr... Would you look at that, how disrespectful of me, I didn't ask your name," he said. I internally smirked, realising that was his tactic to get out my name without making it obvious he was suspicious of me.

"I didn't ask yours either," I replied making him chuckle. "Fair enough, but really it was nice talking to you," he held out his hand as tension between us built up. I accepted his handshake, shaking his hand firmly.

We didn't break eye-contact, it felt like a competition

We didn't break eye-contact, it felt like a competition. A matter of pride.

*sirens*

We were both taken off guard by the suddenness of the fire alarm going off. "I'll go see what this is about," he left me and disappeared amongst the guests who were in a rush to get out. I silently went to the side, finding a rock as I chuckled, glancing towards the 3rd floor. I knew it was one of Byeol's doings, a distraction for those girls to leave.