[23]

Byeol POV

Missions, tasks, work.

I had to manage all of these around. I was an undercover agent, a 'con artist' who needed to stay in the shadows disguised as a criminal.

Euphoria.

Was what they called him, a so called young genius. And they called him a genius in the sense that he was able to do cruel things without having any remorse. In their eyes this was, a skill.

To be brutal.

-past-

After escaping, I slept on the streets for the first month, still covered in blood. His blood. People in the south were way more generous than the ones back home. Every time I would open my eyes there would be a bag of food, or some money beside me.

One day, someone approached me. A man in a long black jacket, and a bucket hat that covered his face. He offered me a roof over my head, clean clothing and even food on an actual plate on one condition.

What was his condition you ask?

"Become a monster."

"That's it? You want me to become something I already am?" My young self laughed. No Byeol, they wanted you to become something 100,000 times worse.

"North Korean I see," he tilted his head. My accent made it easy for him to guess. He took me a large building, he called it a criminal catching organisation.

"How cool," I thought. I was going to be working at a place that would be catching people like me, you know, criminals.

"I'm starting a new project. A bunch of kids are going to trained to become secret agents, you're gonna be part of them," he told me. "And the rules are?" I asked, expecting this not to be as simple as he was making it sound.

"Rule number 1; never be number 2."

"Simple right? That's all you need to do agent 001," he said, patting me on the shoulder.

"Why me? Why do you choose me to be number 1? I'm sure there's hundreds of people wanting to be in my position," I replied.

"Because, the way you calmly you wear the blood of those you killed. Impresses me."

He smirked proudly, leading me into a place where I would be trained, alone. Trained to hide my accent, trained several different languages and combat skills from modern to the most ancient times. I was separate from all the others who were also being prepared to be not only Korea's best agents, but the worlds.

Weeks turned to months, and months turned to years. Already 18 and I didn't remember the last time I had seen the light of day. I was so busy training inside the building they confined me in, I didn't have time, not like I was even allowed to leave.

My social skills weren't the best either, the only time they let me out to even glance at another soul was... No, I'm not going to remember it, it has to be erased. The torture, the murder. I tried my best to, but now I sit and think, is it even possible? To wipe out that much blood?

Food was slid under a door and no one communicated with me after what I had done, a monster was what I had become. Exactly what they wanted.