Ch. 20 (PG-13): Double Wedding

“Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  20 (PG-13): Double Wedding, December 10, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

 (An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, Shirley MacLaine for Lucretia Baldridge, and others.] 

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Lost & Found” is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   Wedding planning for the two couples is swift and streamlined--with everything falling into place. And even one little quarter is heard from as Matthew and Jocelyn's baby kicks in her womb for the first time.  All that is left now is for Matthew & Jocelyn and Michael & Madge to get married.

“Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  20 (PG-13): Double Weddings

The Tuesday morning of December 23rd dawns brightly on Matthew & Jocelyn’s and Madge & Michael’s wedding day—with new fallen snow glistening pristinely everywhere.  To observe custom—and so that the grooms would not see their bride’s gowns before the wedding—Matthew spent the night with Madge.  And Michael spent the night in his own flat above the pub.  You see, though they have not broadcast this fact, Michael and Madge have been living together ever since Matthew moved to his own flat. 

So at 10:15am, Matthew accompanies Madge to the church—after helping her with all of the tiny buttons on the back of her wedding gown, and Michael picks up Jocelyn in a taxi.  Arriving at the church, both men head to see the Vicar so as not to see their ladies in their wedding gowns until the moment that they walk up the aisle toward them.  The church is lovingly and tastefully decorated with two large vases of roses and stephanotis at the altar and roses and ribbons at each pew end facing the center aisle.

And then, the moment they have all been waiting for arrives.  Surrounded by their closest family, friends, and colleagues, Matthew and Jocelyn, and Madge and Michael’s wedding ceremony begins.  The Vicar and the two men—Matthew and Michael in their dark blue wedding suits stand eagerly at the end of the center aisle, waiting for their brides to appear one at a time.  The organist who had been playing incidental music switches over to Jeremiah Clarke’s Trumpet Voluntary [(2)]and Madge moves from the side of the sanctuary’s foyer to stand at the beginning of the church aisle at the back of the church. 

Madge is wearing an ivory satin gown with a fitted bodice overlaid with lace and delicately trimmed with small pearls along the edging with a full satin skirt with no ornamentation on it.  Madge’s hair is swept up in a loose bun and she is wearing the lace veil that Jocelyn had received from the wedding gown shop, because Jocelyn decided not to wear a veil.  Madge’s bridal bouquet is comprised of the lovely ivory colored stephanotis flower with long tendrils of flowers falling about one foot down from the center of the bouquet.  Both Madge and her flowers are breathtaking and Michael beams with pride and love at his sweet Madge as she walks toward him.  When Madge is at Michael’s side and they clasp hands, it is time for Jocelyn to walk down the aisle. 

Moving to stand at the head of the center sanctuary aisle, Matthew pauses in reflection [(3) right] before he lifts his gaze to seek out his bride, Jocelyn.  The church sanctuary doors had been closed briefly again after Madge’s entrance and walk down the aisle.  And now the verger opens the sanctuary doors and Jocelyn moves to stand in the center of the entrance to the church sanctuary.