Ch. 11 (PG-13, S): A Turning Point for Jocelyn and Matthew

Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  11 (PG-13, S):  A Turning Point for Jocelyn and Matthew, November 12, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

(An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right,story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, and others.]

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Lost & Found” is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   After Jocie’s trek around London dropping off more resumes Tuesday morning, she meets up with Matthew for a bite of lunch and some site seeing.  But her new shoes hurt her feet, so they ended up back at her hotel so she could soak them--while Matthew reads out the Reader’s Digest funny bits to her in the bathroom.  With her thinking bemusedly that despite their growing intimacies, her soaking her feet in Matthew’s presence is decidedly not romantic.  Then after they spoke on the phone with Aunt Madge and decided to have dinner together, they promptly both feel asleep after they moved to sit on the couch together.

There is a comfort and familiarity that Matthew and Jocie find in each other--a calm center that they bring out in each other--and that they enjoy in cuddling with each other as they sleep on the couch in her hotel room.  There is also a growing sensually romantic attraction that Matthew and Jocie feel for each other--that neither can privately deny to themselves, and that neither will be able to deny to each other when they awaken from their slumber.

“Lost and Found”, Chapter 11 (PG-13, S):  A Turning Point for Jocelyn and Matthew

Just as on Friday night, the tall and lanky Matthew finds napping on the couch uncomfortable this Tuesday afternoon.  So, he picks up the sleeping Jocelyn and carries her to the bed and Jocelyn nuzzles her face into Matthew’s neck—which he rather likes.  Matthew kisses Jocelyn’s forehead and then he gently lays her on the bed.  Matthew lays down on the bed, to Jocelyn’s right.   And then he covers them both with the throw blanket and he falls back to sleep. Both are still fully dressed, but for their feet being bare--with Jocie wearing her comfy clothes of a stretchy pullover blouse over her clingy capri pants.

With the only other light in the room from the slightly ajar bathroom, Jocelyn Burrows hotel mini suite has grown darker with her east facing room window now in shadow and her drapes closed.  All is quiet and serene as Matthew [(2a) left]  and Jocelyn [(2b) right]   sleep contentedly next to each other on top of her bed spread and under the couch throw for warmth.  The only sounds in the room are the intermittent hum of the room’s air conditioner now and again and the deep breathing sounds of the rooms’ sleeping occupants.  Both Jocie and Matthew are lost in slumber, sweetly lying chastely in each others’ arms, their hands clasped together. 

Two hours pass from when they first laid down to nap, and it is now getting to be around 5:00pm.  Jocelyn wakes up briefly and she visits the bathroom.  Then she slides back onto the bed—on top of the covers, but underneath the blanket throw and she closes her eyes.  She doesn’t think about her change of sleeping location from the couch to the bed--nor that she is napping with Matthew, because she did that her first night meeting him.  Jocelyn feels completely at ease with Matthew--as he does with her.