Ch. 21 (PG-13, S): ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Nights of Love and Christmas Eve Joy

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  21 (PG-13, S): ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Nights of Love & Christmas Eve Joy, 
December 13, 2014 by Gratiana Lovelace

 (An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, Shirley MacLaine for Lucretia Baldridge, and others.]

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Lost & Found" is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   Matthew & Jocelyn and Michael & Madge to get married to much joy and heartfelt singing, the day before Christmas Eve.  This will be their first Christmas together as a newly formed family. But, first things, first.

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  21 (PG-13, S): ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Nights of Love and Christmas Eve Joy

In the late afternoon on their wedding day, Tuesday December 23rd, Jocelyn and Matthew take a taxi back to their flat, their home after their wedding reception.  As Matthew opens their front door to their home, he holds Jocelyn back and she looks at him quizzically—not the least of which is that she has to visit the bathroom again.  But, Matthew gently sweeps Jocelyn up into his arms and carries her across the threshold of their home.  He gently sets her down and closes the door behind them. 

The newly married lovers  embrace and kiss adoringly, amorously--Matthew eagerly pulling the pins out of Jocelyn's hair and letting it fall softly about her shoulders.  He cannot wait to love her this night.

Jocelyn:  Then, Jocelyn  [(2) right] winces urgently with a sheepish grin and holds out her index finger--which Matthew promptly kiss.  "Matthew my love. Hold that thought.  I'll be right back." 

Pregnant ladies should never be separated from their bathrooms for very long.   As Jocelyn dashes toward their bathroom, Matthew rocks his head back in laughter. 

Matthew:  "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  That's alright my Love.  I'm right behind you." 

A smiling Matthew [(3) right] slowly lopes after her--his gait slow and seductive, like a panther--and then he sits on their bed, waiting for Jocelyn to come out of their bathroom.   Matthew twists his gold wedding band on his finger. It has been a long time since he wore one. They had to cut [his] first wedding ring off of him because his injuries from the accident had swelled his hands.   And it was unrepairable as a ring--except for melting it down and having it made into a smooth flat round amulet of sorts with their initials MKM (for Matthew, Karena, and Matty) engraved on it that Matthew carries in his pants pocket always, rubbing it for comfort--almost like a talisman.

Then Matthew takes the amulet out of his pants pocket and he reverently places it in the velvet lined box he uses for storing his cuff links and such on top of his dresser. Mathew's life and heart are full of love again--as is his heart full with joy again.  It is having Jocelyn in his life that will now give him comfort--and joy.  So though his eyes are brimming with tears in remembering his first family, they are also brimming with tears of joy for his and Jocelyn's love.