Ch. 8 (PG-13, S): A Love Rekindled

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  8 (PG-13, S):  A Love Rekindled, November 01, 2014 Gratiana Love

(An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, and others.] 

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Lost & Found" is story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:  Matthew & Jocie spend a lovely Saturday at the London Botanical Gardens. Then after helping a harried Aunt  Madge at the flower shop in the afternoon, the four of them enjoy dinner out together.  And with Matthew being weaned from his calming medicine, he is  more alert and attentive to Jocelyn.  In fact, he is quite his old self at dinner, telling amusing stories about his part time job at the postal office. Then at the end of the evening Matthew and Jocie find a quiet place to say goodnight at her hotel's open air inner courtyard. And they share a passionate kiss.  Though they make no definite plans to see each other soon, Jocie thinks that perhaps a few days perspective might  be wise.  And Madge and Michael also have a pleasant evening that night.  And their evening is not  yet over.

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  8 (PG-13,S):  A Love Rekindled

After arriving back at Madge's flower shop and heading upstairs to Madge & Matthew Drake's apartment on Saturday evening around 10:30pm, Aunt Madge and Matthew, and Michael Ferguson are tired.  So Madge gives Matthew his bedtime calming medicine and wishes him pleasant dreams.   He felt so good today--not anxious at all--that Matthew had considered pretending to take his pill and then throwing it away.  But his Aunt Madge [(2) right]   had kindly insisted on watching him take his pill--her  knowing that it is the only dose he takes per day now.  So there was nothing for it, and he swallows the pill.  

Madge and her man friend Michael will have a private good night and they both watch Matthew enter his bedroom and close his door.  Then Madge slowly and shyly turns around to face Michael.  Michael gazes lovingly upon her sweet upturned face--her sparkling eyes, her rosey cheeks, her small heart shaped face, her luscious red lips.  Madge also appreciatively gazes upon the tall, broad shouldered,  and muscular Michael, looking ever so fine in his sport coat.

Yet Madge and Michael have only reconnected as a romantic couple since yesterday and she is still nervous around him--uncertain if they can pick up where they left off two years ago,  when Matthew's wife and child were tragically killed in the car accident and he was injured so grievously.  And in truth, after she and Michael dating for as long as they had back then--with her now fifty and Michael fifty five--that Madge despaired of him ever popping the question.  Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free? [(3)]

Madge:   "May I offer you some coffee, Michael?"  She asks a bit haltingly. 

Michael: "Nay.  Only if ye wish it."  Michael [(4) right]  replies in a hushed whisper as he gazes at her longingly.  He is nervous, too.  But a good kind of nervous--anticipatory.

Madge: "Very well."  Madge nods and gestures for him to follow her into her kitchen

Of course, Michael knows the layout of his lady friend Madge's apartment very well.  He could navigate it in the dark--and had, on many an occasion of sleepless night when he was roused from their bed by a routine bodily need.   As Madge begins to fill the coffee carafe with water at her kitchen counter sink, Michael steps closer behind her and asks longingly.