Ch. 19 (PG-13): Wedding Planning & Such, Part 2

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  19 (PG-13): Wedding Planning & Such, Part 2, 
December 06, 2014 by Gratiana Lovelace

 (An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved) [(1) top right, story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, Shirley MacLaine for Lucretia Baldridge, and others.] 

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Lost & Found" is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   After Matthew weepingly tells Jocelyn about his first family and more details about  the accident that cost their lives, she consoled him as best she could.  They slept chastely and tenderly  together that night, holding each other until sleep claimed them.  For in the morning they will set their minds to their present joy, and their wedding planning will continue again in earnest.

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  19 (PG-13):  Wedding Planning & Such, Part 2

Sunday morning, December 21st, dawns brightly with renewed hope for Matthew and Jocelyn.  They share a light breakfast together--feeling the healing balm that is engendered by  the intimacy of their simple domesticity.  Matthew is still somewhat subdued from their discussion about his first family's tragedy last night. But for Jocelyn's sake, Matthew rallies a bit and smiles lovingly at her as he kisses her good morning.  Jocelyn knows that it will take a long time for Matthew to get through his grief, but he will never get over it.  

Hopefully one day, the love Matthew had and has for his first family will bring him more joy in remembering their happy times together, than in remembering the sorrow of their deaths.  And Jocelyn is also helping Matthew to lift the burden of guilt that he feels at being the driver when they had their car accident--be it caused by him having a stroke, or the slick road conditions.  Jocelyn will continue to tell him it wasn't your fault, as a resolutely caring mantra for her love, Matthew--in the hope that one day, Matthew will accept that it wasn't his fault.

And today, the two couples--Matthew & Jocelyn, and Madge & Michael--will arrange their wedding with the vicar today.  Jocelyn thinks that Christmas Day is only less than a week away—and by then, she will be an old married lady of two days and she smiles to herself.  As she and Matthew and Madge and Michael speak to the vicar as they sit in the front pew in the sanctuary after the worship services about their hoped for double wedding on Tuesday, December 23rd, Jocelyn can tell that the vicar is a compassionate soul.

Vicar Nelson:  "Well, this is exciting, a double wedding in the family!" Vicar Nelson Marshall greets them warmly [(2a) right]. 

Madge:  "Yes, Vicar, we are all so pleased." 

Michael gives Madge a hug--which makes her blush.  And Matthew kisses Jocelyn's hand.

Vicar Nelson:  "And the dispensation on the reading of the banns is not a problem." [(2b)] Vicar Nelson smiles cordially at the two couples.    "Now, I hope that  you'll pardon me for saying it but you two couples represent both the longest—Madge and Michael—and the shortest—Matthew and Jocelyn—engagements we've ever had."