Ch. 7 (PG): More than a Feeling

"Lost & Found (Revised), Ch. 7 (PG):  More than a Feeling, October 29, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

(An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo]  

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, and others.] 

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Lost & Found" is story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:  Matthew and Jocie spend a pleasant Friday evening together in her hotel room--eating dinner while completing the Times crossword puzzle and the jet lagged Jocie falling asleep while Matthew reads out aloud from the Readers Digest.  Matthew ends up napping, too--along side Jocie in her bed, but chastely.  However, Matthew begins to display feelings for Jocie by embracing her as they lie in bed and kissing her cheek in parting.  Jocie is feeling uncertain, so she plans to call Matthew's speech therapist before Jocie sees him again Saturday morning.

"Lost and Found" (Revised),  Ch 7:  More than a Feeling 

Early the next day, Saturday August 14th, Jocelyn wakes up feeling refreshed and positive.  But she knows that part of her cheerfulness is due to meeting and getting to know the sensitive and sweet Matthew and his Aunt Madge.  And though Jocie wants to go with the flow and be in the moment with Matthew, she is also concerned about his health and recovery from the accident and his loss.  So Jocie and calls Marcia Glass, Matthew's Speech Therapist, to ask her about Matthew's emotions that seem to be coming to the surface.

Jocie on phone:  "Hi Marcia, this is Jocelyn Burrows, Matthew Drake's friend."

Marcia G ST on phone:  "Oh hello Jocelyn, what can I do for you" [(2) right].

Jocie on phone:  "Well, since I am going to be spending some time with Matthew again today, I wanted to discuss boundaries with you—especially with regard to his emotions."

Marcia G ST on phone:  "What do you mean?   Matthew doesn't display emotions yet."

Jocie on phone:  "Actually, he seems to be showing some emotions with me." Jocie [(3) right]  states with some trepidation.

Marcia G ST on phone:  "Oh?"

Jocie on phone:  "Yes.   Although, Matthew was partially parroting Aunt Madge's boyfriend Michael's behavior when he put his arm around my shoulders.  Matthew and I had also had a moment earlier in the evening when I thought that he might be going to kiss me."

Marcia G ST on phone:  Marcia's eyes widen--which  Jocie can't see over the phone.  But Marcia maintains her professional detached demeanor as she explores this new development with Matthew.  "Describe the situation to me."

Jocie on phone:  "Well, after dinner in my hotel room we had finished the Reader's Digest funny stories.  But I had long since fallen asleep—jet lag and lots of walking yesterday.  So, Matthew carried me to the bed, removed my shoes for me, and covered me with the throw blanket.  Then, he sat up in the bed and watched tv while I slept.  But, at some point he turned off the tv and laid down and went to sleep, too.  I guess we kind of cuddled in our sleep—fully clothed, mind you."  Jocie says quickly.