Ch. 23 End (PG-13, D): Because you loved me

“Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  23 End  (PG-13, D): Because you loved me,   December 21, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

 (An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo]

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, Shirley MacLaine for Lucretia Baldridge, and others.]

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Lost & Found” is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   Matthew & Jocelyn, Michael & Madge, and  Vicar Nelson & Marcia shared a wonderful Christmas Day dinner.  Then after during present giving, Jocelyn revealed to Matthew and everyone that she is pregnant with twins.  So they will welcome a son and a daughter in the Spring.

“Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  23 End (PG-13, D): Because you loved me

The next four and a half months of wedded bliss after Christmas are a lovely blur for Matthew and Jocelyn.  Jocelyn works as a university advisor for two more months, but she goes on maternity leave after she enters the seventh month of her pregnancy.  You see, the twins pregnancy strains Jocelyn’s small frame.  So she finds that doing much walking or standing is more difficult for her as her due date approaches.  But, Jocelyn delights in she and Matthew getting ready for the babies’ arrival.   Matthew also looks forward to his impending fatherhood as he expands his voice work career into audio books and documentary narration which will help him support his growing family. 

And Michael and Madge do foster and begin the process of adopting the little 5 year old boy, Sean, that Vicar Nelson had told them about.  So, Matthew and Jocelyn’s babies will have a cousin already when they are born.  The last two months of Jocelyn’s pregnancy are tough for her--carrying twins on her small frame.  But, Matthew is attentive, loving, and caring--not to mention understanding when Jocelyn’s frustration at not being able to do something simple, such as put on her socks, annoys her.  But, Matthew is her loving helpmate in all things--even helping her by putting her socks on for her. 

So, it is a lovely Spring morning in May 2011 as Jocelyn and Matthew enjoy a quiet and relaxing sit in their favorite park--the small one by Madge’s flower shop that they spent their first moments together in--that they realize that their lives are about to wondrously change forever.  As Jocelyn sits on the bench gazing at the water fountain--she doesn’t do much walking or standing these days--she feels a strange sensation and turns to Matthew with somewhat of an inkling.

Jocelyn:  “Matthew, my love, I’m feeling a bit more tired than usual.” Jocelyn downplays about the aches and pains she is feeling--especially in her back. “Maybe we should return to Madge’s flower shop to meet she and Michael and little Sean for lunch.”

Matthew:  “Of course, Jocelyn Darling.  I thought that you were brave to try to venture out today so close to your due date.  You sit in the collapsible wheel chair that I brought with us and I’ll push you along so you don’t get tired.”

Jocelyn:  “Thanks Matthew, my love.”   Matthew helps Jocelyn stand.  But, gravity takes over and Jocelyn’s water breaks right in the park.  “Oh no!”  She says feeling the wet and sticky amniotic fluid all down her legs.  “My water broke!”