Ch. 15 (PG-13): The December Holidays Bring Second Chances

“Lost & Found” (Revised), Ch.  15 (PG-13):  The December Holidays Bring Second Chances, November 25, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

(An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1) top right, story logo] 

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, and others.] 

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Lost & Found” is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   Jocelyn has a chance meeting with the US Ambassador’s wife, Lucretia Lucy Baldridge, when Jocelyn collects her approved work visa paperwork at the consulate.  Then over lunch, she shares with Lucy about her love for Matthew, his recovering health, and their separation due to his aunt.  Lucy is nothing if not sympathetic and makes a suggestion that Jocelyn write to Matthew, and Jocelyn does.  Jocelyn eventually finds and beings work as an academic advisor at a London college.

However, it is nearly a month later that Matthew receives the misdirected mail--when he finalizes his resignation from the postal center because his voiceover work is picking up and can now support him.  Matthew is stunned and grateful, but Jocelyn’s note does not give her contact information--so he has no way of reaching her.

When Matthew’s wife and son died tragically two years ago, there was no hope of seeing them ever again. They were and are gone--lost to him forever, but remembered always in Matthew’s heart as his first loves.  But Jocelyn is alive, somewhere in London still--he can feel it, he can feel that she is nearby.  And until Matthew is told that Jocelyn has left England, he will live in hope of seeing her again one day.  And until that day of their reunion, Matthew’s heart will beat for her alone, for Jocelyn--as if a silver tether from his heart to her heart, links them together, to love always.

“Lost and Found”, Chapter 15 (PG-13):  The December Holidays Bring Second Chances

The rest of the Autumn season flies by for Matthew and Jocelyn—but separately.  Matthew continues his work on his vocal performance with his radio voice over work and taking some acting classes again for fun.  Though Matthew ends up serving as more of a mentor to the younger students in the classes--many of whom were familiar with some of Matthew’s artistic projects prior to the car accident two years ago that tragically claimed the life of his wife and son and severely injured him.

For her part, Jocelyn is able to find an academic advisor position at a London college--the small Richards College--as an academic advisor for their study abroad program to the US. And, she is allowed to live in the cheaper university housing near the school.  Jocelyn is delighted that the university also gives her an opportunity to work with their theatre department’s community outreach projects a bit.  With Jocelyn’s speech team performance background in her college days, she has always loved working with performers.  She is especially pleased to be a part of a weekly community workshop that gives local people  a chance to practice and then perform prose and verse—as well as to perform small one act plays.  

And, though Jocelyn has made more friends at her work--and Lucretia Baldridge keeps a caring eye upon Jocelyn with monthly lunches--Jocelyn is not dating anyone, because she is still in love with Matthew.   Despite Jocelyn wanting to phone Matthew and Aunt Madge several times, she does not, respecting Aunt Madge’s wishes— though, Jocelyn keeps Madge’s cell phone number in her address book. 

Yet, Jocelyn longs to be with Matthew again—if only to kiss and cuddle with him, though her heart wants more.  And, after two months of Jocelyn being apart from Matthew, it becomes clear to Jocelyn just how connected she and Matthew really are.   And the two months since then--now being parted from Matthew for four months--have only cemented Jocelyn’s love for Matthew.  Because, you see, Jocelyn and Matthew’s two romantic interludes were loving and joyous—and fruitful.