46

(Y/N POV)

Isn't she lovely.

"One more thing," Peter said, "this is for you."

Happy and other security members took care of Beck, who was now on his way to The Raft. I told Ned he could stay in Peter's old room, which was an offer he accepted almost immediately. I was still trying to calm down from tonight's chaotic events, so Peter and I stayed outside on the balcony.

The sun was already starting to rise, the rose-gold glow illuminating the waking city.

Peter reached into his pocket and pulled out a small blue trinket, placing it into my palm. It was a keychain, but was surprisingly heavy for what it was. It didn't look special, just a navy cube, but I was grateful for anything that Peter gave me.

"Tap the side of it twice," he whispered, his eyes lighting up.

"Peter, what is this?"

"Just do it!"

I laughed, and did as he told me. Tapping the side of the cube twice, I watched as a holographic photo projected into the air, spinning around. It was a picture of Peter, my dad, and me; the last photo we had taken before we lost him.

It was so 3D, I felt like I could reach out and touch him.

"Oh my god," I mumbled, "this is beautiful."

"Shuri helped me make it!"

"I love it, Peter, I really do."

My eyes stung with emotions, but I didn't want to cry. I wanted to watch it spin forever, remembering the good times.

"How did you come up with this?" I smiled, looking at him, "Peter?"

He was frozen.

"Peter?" I panicked, putting my hand on his cheek, "what's going on?"

That's when I realized everything was oddly quiet. I couldn't hear the sound of traffic from the streets below, or feel the wind on my skin. Everything seemed to have stopped, even time itself. I only remembered this happening once, and it was when I was stuck in the-

"Told you I'd be sticking around."

I stood up quickly, staring at the silhouette of a man a few feet away from me. I almost didn't recognize him without the feather duster, but I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the familiar face.

"Stan," I nodded, "what are you doing here?"

"I've been watching you, remember?" he chuckled, "it's part of my job."

"Welcome to my universe then," I laughed, "the last time we met, I was stuck in the realm."

"I've been here before, you know. Had some packages to deliver, and all."

"Oh?"

"Anyways," he continued, "I think it's time you make your own story."

"Haven't I done that already?" I asked, gesturing to the city around me, "I've taken the place of my father, haven't I?"

"Not in the way I had hoped," he said, "you havent reached your full potential yet."

"What do you mean?"

"You've saved your city, sure, but I think it's time you saved the world," Stan explained, "I'm here to change your story."

"What do you mean, change it?"

"New universe, new start. You already have your backstory, now it's time to live the life you were destined to live."

I paused, staring at the ground. This didn't feel right, didn't feel right at all.

"Are you ready?" the man said, holding out his hand.

I lifted my arm, prepared to take it, before stopping. This wasn't me, and that wasn't the life I wanted. I turned around to look at Peter, who was still frozen. I loved everything about him, from the curls in his dark-brown hair, to the soft smile on his lips.

I couldn't leave him, and I never would.

"I'm sorry," I said, stepping back, "I have to stay here."

Stan looked confused, before realizing that I meant what I said. I meant it with every bone in my body.

"This is the story I belong in," I explained, "and I belong with Peter."

The man nodded, before holding up his hand again.

"Very well," he said, "your choice has been made."

He snapped his fingers, and suddenly I found myself back where I had started. The familiar sounds of New York came back to life, and the keychain in my hand started to move again.

"I love you Peter Parker," I said, nudging him, "and you better believe it."

"Woah, what happened?" he giggled, confused at my passive-aggressive attack.

"Just shut up," I said, kissing him, "for once."

_

OKAY I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE FINAL CHAPTER BECAUSE PERSONALLY I THINK IT IS VERY CUTE

but I also have low romantic standards soooo