13

(Y/N POV)

All my loving.

"So Thanos is coming back," I said, "and we're trying on Jeans."

After taking a few directions from the locals, I was able to find an Old Navy after all. Loki and I had been in the store for about an hour, and yet he still couldn't decide between low or high-waisted.

"It was your idea," the god said, "and I think I'm going to choose these."

He held up a pair of black skinny jeans, pursing his lips as he waited for my reaction. When I was sitting on the leather couch, waiting for Loki to come out of the changing room, I had gotten to thinking. I had only wanted to come here to get away from Peter, for the time-being, but now I was wondering why I was here at all.

"Good choice," I said, "but we still need to make a plan."

"You're right. I'll put these on and sneak out of the store. Saving money is always the way to go."

"I meant the other thing. The reason you came here?"

"Right. I'll be right back."

Soon we were striding away from the store, and I tucked my wallet into the back pocket of my pants. Loki insisted on stealing, but I wasn't going to let him get away with it. He lacked mortal money, and I was pretty much basking in it.

"I should probably go back to the room," I mumbled, "Peter must still be mad."

"Forget the mortal," Loki scolded, spreading his arms out dramatically, "let's venture out into this cast kingdom."

"But I want to stop this before it escalates into a fight!"

"Thanos is coming, there is no time for petty argument solving."

"I've been trying to tell you that, but you wasted the morning buying jeans!"

"If I want to take him down, my booty should look damn good while doing it," he said defensively.

"Right," I groaned, "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Loki rolled his eyes, and stalked off towards the city. His mood swings were worse than anyone I've known, and I lived with my dad for most of my life. I made my way back to the room, and too a deep breath before sliding the door open.

"Peter?" I said, peering around the door frame.

The boy was lying on the bed, toying around with something in his hand. Once he heard my voice, he shoved it back into his pocket, and stared up at the ceiling.

"Hey," he said blatantly, almost at the point of boredom.

"We should talk."

"Should we? If this is about my secret, you might as well forget about it."

"I just wanted to make sure things were okay between us. Clearly it isn't."

"I'm not mad," he said coldly, still not looking me in the eye.

"Yes you are, I can tell."

"Don't tell me what I'm feeling, I said I'm not angry so that means I'm not."

"You're obviously lying! You won't even look at me!"

He flipped his head towards me, a half glare and half disappointed look on his face. I shifted uncomfortably, unhappy that I had made the situation worse.

"There," he said, "I'm looking at you. Happy?"

"Peter, come on, you're being ridiculous!"

"Me?" he snapped, "you're the one who was spying on me, using my friend as a pawn in your little detective game, and you won't stop prying into my business!"

"You're the one sneaking around behind my back!"

"And you're the one who wants to go to a different dimension just for the fun of it! Did you ever think about how I felt?"

"Why would you care? I thought you were coming with me!" I yelled, waving my arms around angrily.

"See?" He spat out, "You just assumed I'd go along with your plans! I have plans too, you know?"

"Like what? Making little videos on a camera? Great plans, Peter."

"You're so oblivious," he muttered angrily, standing up, "my plan was to start a family when we got old enough. Finally settle down somewhere, have kids, and put all this hero stuff behind us. Because that's what you wanted before. Now you're running around with Loki, trying to be the savior of a world you don't live in!"

"I'm 19!" I screeched, "I still have things to do with my life, other than starting a family!"

"Fine!" he yelled back, throwing his hands up in the air, and heading towards the door, "this is why I didn't want to tell you the truth!"

"Tell me the truth about what?!"

"Why I've been going behind your back," he mocked, "what else?"

"I don't know! What's the truth?"

I bit my lip, my face already red with exhaustion. I never liked fighting with Peter, and especially when I couldn't tell who was right.

"I'm sorry," he said, "but I'm staying in Wakanda."