26

(PETER POV)

It's been a while.

"Are you kidding me?!"

I felt like throwing something across the room in anger.

Anger at myself for letting her just walk away from me. Anger at Happy for letting her go. Angry at anyone. I just felt so mad.

"Why'd you let her go?" I yelled, slamming my palms down on the table, "Happy, why?"

It was so silent in the tower, that I felt like all of New York could hear my screams. Adaki was curled up on the couch, staring outside at the bustling city. Although she was good at concealing it, I could see the terror in her eyes. She had never seen this side of me before, and it must be horrible to experience. But I can't control it.

"You know her," Happy said, crossing his arms, "even if I told her no, she'd figure out a way to leave."

"But if you had only waited a couple more minutes," I groaned, my throat dry, "I could have been here. Stopped her."

"I can't see the future, Peter. Be reasonable."

"She could be hurt! Do you even know where she is?"

"No, but I'm confident she's okay. She's like Tony. a fighter."

"But she's not Tony!" I yelled, throwing my hands up into the air, "She's not him, and I can't explain why, but she means so much more than Mr. Stark. Happy... please bring her back.."

"I can't."

I let out another aggravated noise, and slumped down into one of the chairs. My heart was pounding, tired and restless. I needed to see her again, yet the only thing I could think of when I thought of her was pain. Her in pain. I couldn't live with the fear that she could be suffering in some alternate world, and I'm not there to help her.

"I'm going in there," I said, storming out of the living room, "I need to find her."

"Peter-" Happy called out.

But I was already gone. I could hear his in deep conversation with Adaki, asking her why I was acting like this. How could I not act like this. The only person I'd ever felt close too could be dead for all I knew. The thought of it was tearing my soul into shreds.

I grabbed a nano-tech suit from the hall of armor, and ran down to the teleporter. I didn't know how to work it, but I would figure it out.

I tapped the control button, and waiting for my body to be completely covered in the tech.

Please work.

I walked up to the operation panel in front of the machine, and scanned the list in front of me.

"Where's the on switch?" I mumbled, "Jeez, does this thing have a manual?"

I heard footsteps come running in, and I looked up to see Adaki and Happy. They had fear and disappointment written on their lips, but I didn't care. They couldn't stop me.

"Peter, stop," Adaki said, "you know how dangerous this is."

"If it was dangerous, why'd you let her go?" I yelled at Happy, "if you knew she could die, why didn't you stop her."

My eyes were stinging with tears, but I refused to let them fall. I couldn't be weak. I needed to be strong.

"She's safe," the girl said, taking a few steps closer to me, "I can feel it."

"How? How could you possibly feel it?"

"Peter, I'm trying to help you. Let me help you."

"You can't!" I said.

I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it anymore. It just came crashing down, and so did I. I hadn't cried in a while, and it hurt.

"She's okay," Adaki said again, "going after her won't fix it. You need to wait for her."

"I can't wait..." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes, "every passing second makes me scared. I can't be scared."

"Peter, it's okay to be scared. There's nothing wrong with showing your emotions."

"But I can't be. I've killed people before, and I've learned to bat an eye. I'm not scared when staring death in the face, but I'm scared now. I'm vulnerable."

"What's wrong with vulnerability?"

"Everything."

"And that's exactly why you lost her," she said, shaking her head, "you don't believe that emotions are real. She told you she didn't want to stay, but you couldn't understand that. Now that she's not here, you realize what emotions can do."

"I don't follow."

"What were you feeling when she walked out the door?"

"I-I don't remember.."

"Exactly. Peter, I need you to stop and think. I know you're angry, but think about how she's feeling right now. She's lost in some other world."

"She could be scared, too."

"And she probably is. And going after her won't help anything if you get hurt. What if she comes back and you're not here?"

"I-"

I was cut off by the sound of lightning. I knew it couldn't be, but the crack of energy pushed Adaki and I out of the way. I fell on my knees, cursing. Both of us looked at where the explosion came from, but everything was foggy with smoke.

A figure came emerging from the cloud of darkness, walking warily of thier path.

But it wasn't her.

"Loki?"

_

timothee chalamet is my new obsession