18

Get me a man who loves reading. not my fanfics though, that'd be weird.

_

(Y/N POV)

Underneath the tree.

"There's no way in hell I'm dating a god," I muttered, throwing a plier across the room, "A spider-child was enough for me."

I had been slaving away on this machine for 3 hours now, and Loki still wasn't back. I glanced at the clock, sighing when I realized it was a quarter past 1am. I've stayed up longer before, but I was exhausted. I took the liberty to assume the God was already deep into a tour of someone else's apartment. "Tour".

"No one has requested you take a romantic interest," Ethan said sassily, "Master Loki has not either. Finding someone attractive does not mean they wish to date you."

"Okay, but what if he does? I don't want to date a 1,500 year old man."

"Then don't. You have the power to politely decline."

"It's not that simple!"

"It could be if you made it that way. Do not lead him on."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," I grumbled, walking over to the corner and picking up the tool I had chucked, "he's more likely to do that to me."

I heard a soft knock on the door, and I saw a familiar figure standing outside. Even though it was dark outside, I could still see who it was.

"You can come in," I said, waving my hand at him, "what are you doing back so early?"

"I was worried about you. You didn't seem okay when I left, what's going on?"

"Nothing," I sighed, staring at the contraption in front of me, "I'm fine."

"You can talk to me."

"I really can't," I mumbled, "I can't talk to anybody about it."

Happy crossed his arms and sat down in the metal chair next to my toolbox. I didn't like the silence in the room, but I wasn't going to give into the man's curiosity. Talking about Peter to other people was never something I was comfortable with, because I used to only talk to Peter. I wasn't open with anyone in the same way.

"Where's Loki?" He asked, flicking a piece of glass across the table, "I thought he'd be here helping you."

"I wouldn't expect him too. He's not used to manual labor or something, perks of being a God."

"Ethan told me all out your omniscience though."

"Yep, not having this conversation."

"Maybe you should think about being in a healthy relationship."

"Peter was healthy."

"Then what happened to you?"

"I happened. I've come to terms that I can't live up to the expectations Peter has in his mind."

"Did he live up to yours?"

I shrugged, and slid a nail into the side of the time machine. Once I had completed the base of the machine, I could construct the skeleton with nanotechnology.

"Honestly, I don't know," I said softly, "Peter was just.... Peter. I never compared him to anything but myself."

"I think you should give Loki a chance, still. Maybe he can show you what was missing with you and Parker."

"I'll think about it, fine. But that still doesn't guarantee that Loki wants anything serious with me."

*******

I told Happy I'd call him the day of our departure, so he could be in charge of the machine. By the looks of my work, I wasn't going to be done for a few days.

"Thanks for keeping me company," I said as I sent him off, "I appreciate it."

"You have my number, so don't be scared to call."

"Got it. Take care of May, and tell her I said hi."

He nodded, and I watched as he disappeared into the rising sunset. I turned back to the tower and walked to my room, exhaustion sleeping out of my eyes. Once I reached it, I flopped down onto my sheets and closed my eyes.

I didn't even get a chance to fall asleep when I heard a soft thud from across the room. I sat up in panic and saw a dark figure making its way towards me.

"What the-" I yelled, scrambling for my watch, "who's there?"

I three my chapstick at the shadow, and it flew right through it. The figure yelled, offended, and stepped into the sliver of sun ray. I drew a sigh of relief when I realized it was just Loki in his projectional state.

"Sorry," He said, "I would have knocked, but I can't."

"You could have at least told me it was you also."

"Urgent matter though, had no time. Is the machine done?"

"No, because you didn't help. What's wrong?"

Loki started to pace around my room, the top of his shirt unbuttoned and his pants crumpled. He clearly had been busy.

"I fear I may have put myself into a predicament. This — woman — she thinks I'm this actor, Tim Hiddlesticks or something, and now I'm confined in her apartment because she called paparazzi on me."

"Can't you apparate out of there?"

"No, and also this isn't Harry Potter. I can't, because I'm a little..... tired. Not enough energy for that kind of magic."

"Do you need me to get you out of there?"

"That would be helpful... I'll send you the address."

"You don't have a phone Loki."

"I know, but I have your old one. Be here soon."

And just like that, he disappeared.

_

Ship or dip: Y/N & Loki?