25

House used in story

House used in story

_

(Y/N POV)

Always been going too fast.

"You completely messed up this timeline," Loki said, shaking his head, "you went to Peter's house."

I sighed, and let out a puff of breath into the air. It was so cold you could see it. Loki was wearing a black leather jacket, god knows where he got it from, and the same pair of jeans he bought back in Wakanda.

"I didn't know what else to do," I mumbled, "I always went to Peter's house when I needed help."

"Why would you need help?"

"I don't need help!"

"You just said-" The god spat out, before stepping back. His eyes softened, and he nodded, "you need him, don't you?"

"Maybe," I whispered, "I don't know."

It was a calling. Something told me to go there, and even though it wasn't my universe, I knew something would be waiting there for me. I just didn't have enough time to figure out what it was.

"Can we go back home now," I said, shivering, "I'm cold."

"Of course."

I tapped my watch, and the suit I landed in started to form again. Loki did the same thing with his, and soon we were standing in the middle of the sidewalk in our future technology.

"Maybe we shouldn't have done this in public," I laughed.

People were pulling out thier phones to get a picture of us, but I didn't mind. I wouldn't be coming back to this timeline anytime soon. I just regretted not seeing my dad. I desperately wanted to, but the fear of him being a completely different person was too much. He may have been my father in this dimension, but I was not his daughter.

My dad was gone.

Stop thinking about it.

"Let's go," I said, "see you on the other side."

"Other side, Stark."

*******

THE QUANTUM REALM CAN CONSUME YOU.

DON'T GET LOST IN IT'S ENDLESS SPIRAL.

YOU'LL SEE THINGS.

THE FUTURE.

THE PAST.

OR SOMETHING THAT ISN'T REAL.

CAN YOU DETERMINE WHAT'S WHAT?

_

I opened my eyes.

My body didn't feel whole.

Was I awake yet?

The area around me was unfamiliar, yet I recognized it at the same time. It had to be some place I had been before, but from years ago.

I was standing in the middle of a field, the grass tickling my bare ankles. It smelled of flowers, roses to be exact, and the sky was almost clear of clouds. It was so peaceful here.

"Hello?" I called out.

No response.

From the distance I could see the vague image of a house. Or a barn. I couldn't tell what it was at the moment. I started to walk towards it, my feet stumbling over the soft ground.

I was wearing a dress I hadn't ever worn, a pink sort of gown that went past my knees. It wasn't my style, but it made sense for some reason. Where was I? The building started to get closer into my view, and I could tell it was a farm house of some kind.

It was a country house, brick walls and edwardian windows. It was the house I had dreamed of living in when I grew up, yet I never had the chance too. Was I dreaming?

The Future.

I remembered the voice I heard in the quantum realm. Was this the future?

The past.

No, this definitely couldn't be the past.

Something that isn't real.

Was this all my imagination? Or was it the future?

Suddenly I realized I was at the front steps of the house. It looked even more beautiful up close. I wanted to knock on the door through instinct, but I hesitated. Who would open it? Was anyone even home?

I heard voices coming from behind the house, and my heart started to race. I knew whose voice that was.

Peter.

I ran off towards the field, perching behind the roses. What was I supposed to do? A man walked out into my view, laughing and saying some words I couldn't understand. It was definitely Peter, but he looked much older.

Almost into his 30s.

He was wearing a loose white shirt, the top two buttons astrew. He aged well. Suddenly a little girl came running out into the field. She was tiny, maybe almost 3, and she was jumping up and down with happiness.

"Hey Mila," Peter whispered, kneeling next to her, "do you want to go back inside?"

"No!" the girl yelled happily, waving her arms around, "I like it out here."

"I know you do, but it's almost time for lunch."

"Can I have lunch for dinner then?"

He laughed, "sure darling."

He stood up and grabbed her hand, leading her out of my sight again. The little girl, or Mila, looked like him. Brown hair, brown eyes, and the same smile.

But she didn't look like me.

I hope this isn't the Future.