16.lady changes and a date

Oh god, oh god, oh god, what was I thinking ? Now things will be awkward between us, why am I such an idiot ? I was speed walking trying to get out of the school, I really didn't want to bump in to Daniel. Please, please, let me get home without seeing him. I was halfway out, until you guessed it, I heard Daniel say,"y/n wait up!"

i pretended I did not hear him, but he cought up to me, yikes.

"HI" He said smiling like an idiot.

"Hi?"

"So do you want to maybe hangout later?" He said trying to keep up with me.

"Daniel, I would love to" I lied "But im going through some...umm.. lady changes/problems, so I can't"

"What kind of lady changes?" He asked dumbfounded, do I really need to speel it out for him.

"OH, you don't want to know"

"I do." He said in an intense tone.

"Fine, im on my cycle"

"Cycle?"

"Oh, jesus Christ, Daniel? I'm on my period." I said frustrated.

"OH.OH!!! I really don't know how to respond to those things." he hucked awkwardly.

"Yea, well. you don't have to say anything."

"Okay." he said embarrassed.

"Told you, you didn't want to know, karate kid." I said more to myself than him.

"So.... can we hang out after you're finished with your umm.... your t-thing?" He stuttered.

"Yea sure, karate kid." I laughed.

We walked together in an awkward and uncomfortable silence, I wanted to say something to break the tension but I didn't know how to start or what to say ,thankfully, Daniel beat me to it.

"Umm, Y/n"

"Yea, Daniel."

"Earlier when I asked if we could hang out, I really meant if you wanted to go on a date with me?" He said.

I stopped walking, and he did to, I looked at him real hard until I said, "OH, So little Daniel is asking me on a date."

" I'm taller than you Y/n"

"By like what, an inch."

"2 inches actually." He said in a serious tone that I couldn't help but laugh.

"mhmm, Maybe."

"Okay" He said a bit melancholically.

"I didn't say no you idiot."

"I know." He smirked.

"When?"

"When what." he said confused

"The date, you doofus?" I laughed a bit.

"Friday."

" See, you on Friday then."

"Is it a yes?" He asked hopefully.

"NO, It's a no." I said sarcastically. "How dense can you be, of course it's an yes."

"I may be dense but YOU kissed me."

"OH. Shut up, Daniel." I said increasing my speed.

He laughed but quickly caught up ,and put an arm around my shoulder.

"You like me."

"Yea, believe what you want karate kid" I said.

We laughed and joked the whole way home and suddenly I was glad he caught up with me in the hallway.