1. karate kick

It was around noon. The trees and plants were stationary. The birds were all gasping for breath. In a dingy and run down apartment building's courtyard sat y/n and Freddy on some old lounge chairs.

"Hey y/n, heard about the new people moving in apartment 20?" Freddy spoke out as he chugged a bottle of icy water, trying to cool himself down.

"No, why?" Y/n said as she turned around.

"No reason." Freddy said with a smirk on his face.  I rose one eyebrow at him but payed him no attention.

Freddy and I have been friends for almost 2 years so I knew when he had said no reason, there was always a reason behind it.

"Umm, okay.. I'll see you later though, I got to  head to the beach." I said as I rose up and headed for the door.

I turned around and waved at Freddy who still had a smirk plastered on his face, suddenly I was thrown to the ground at the impact of the gate being karate kicked open.

"Oh, crap, I didn't see you there." a voice that belonged to a boy said.

"Of course you didn't see me there, dumbass. That's why you don't kick open a door." I said as slowly got up.

"Now, I feel like an asshole," He said while  blushing with embarrassment.

"You ARE an asshole." I said with an annoyed look on my face and walked out of the gate while purposely bumping my shoulder against his.

"Oh crap, I didn't see you there." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yep, I deserved that."

"No, duh" I said while looking back.

"I didn't quite catch your name" The tan boy said with a smile plastered on his face.

"That's cuz I didn't give it to you." I turned my head around and gave him a sarcastic smile.

"I'm Daniel by the way, Daniel Larusso." he said with that same genuine smile.

"Didn't ask, karate kid" I walked away, probably tearing his last shred of hope to pieces.