4.selfless

I woke up this morning, took care of my hygiene and wore this(or whatever outfit you choose)

I walked to the kitchen made myself a bowl of cereal and turned on the TV. AHHHHH. peace and quiet just how I like, No Ali, no karate kid just me the couch and the television. just how I like.

"Hey y/n, someone's here to see you."

"UGhhhhhh, do I have to Marco."

"Come on y/n don't be rude."

I sighed and slowly made my way to the door, to my surprise it was Daniel.

"Karate kid, I must inform you that you interrupted some very important work." I said wITH a fake pout on my face.

"I'll make it up to you, come to the carnival with me later?" he said with a bright smile on his face.

"UHMM...buy me fried Oreos and I'll go"

"sure, no problem" Daniel said with a smirk on his face.

We stood in an awkward silence for about 30 seconds before I finally said, "So do you want to come in or stand here in an awkward silence."

"Well yes I mean no, I mean yes I'll like to come in"

I chuckled at his nervous behavior.

"You don't have to be a nervous wreck, y'know?"

"Well, we became friend-"

"acquaintances" I interrupted.

"Yes, acquaintances. and I don't want to mess anything up"

"Trust me, karate kid, I'm not someone you want to be friends with. I'm rude and dirty minded and selfish, and-"

You're not selfish" Daniel finally spoke up.

"Excuse me, what?"

"You're not selfish, you helped me yesterday when everybody left. that's pretty selfless if you ask me and you'd make a really great friend" He said in a serious tone.

I stared at him at his features to look for any hint of dishonesty and I found none.

"Karate kid you don't know what you're getting yourself into." I said with a blank look on my face.

"I think i know." he said with an intense stare. I was the one to look away.

"I'm gonna head downstairs to look for Freddy, u wanna come?"

"Sure but I thought you didn't have any friends." he said while the ghost of a smirk played on his face.

"Freddy is... well it's.... he's complicated." I said at lost for words.

"Oh, so you're dating? "He said with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

I burst out laughing and he looked at me confusingly.

"Freddy? nah. My mom and his mom are friends. I said his complicated because if your parents are friends than that doesn't mean you are friends. I talk to him but he has hi own friend group so, yea" I said.

"Oh my bad" Daniel said with a nervous chuckles.

I playfully punched him, "Come on let's go."