9. one of the many reasons

Me and Daniel met up by the ferries wheel and we bought the fried Oreos.

"Soooo, how was the ferries wheel ride." I said trying to fill the akward silence.

Daniel shrugged.

"Did something happen?"

He shrugged again.

"You're making it really hard to start a conversation."

He shrugged again.

"Okay, then, I'm guessing Ali said something about me."

his shoulders tensed and he shifted his gaze down to his feet.

"What did she say?"

he said nothing.

"It's okay, you can tell me"

he said nothing.

"It won't hurt my feelings, even if I don't have none."

he said nothing.

I sighed. "I guess this is the part you say you don't want to be friends with me. Well it was nice knowing ya."

I waved and started walking away.

"Wait, I never said t-that I didn't want to be friends, it's just... she said.. well." Daniel stuttered.

"Spit it out, Daniel." I said as I turned to face him.

"Ali said that I shouldn't be friends with you, because, well, she said that you were.....she said that you would always go after the guys she like since 8th grade and that Johnny cheated on her with you and you're a downright bad person that can never change." He said looking down.

"and you believe her."

"I don't want to"

" Okay, so we need to fact check this, first of all, I never dated anyone since never, except 7th grade but that was a dare, and also she never talked to me so how could I know who she liked or not and also Johnny and I have known each other since birth so like I consider him as a friend, and he didn't cheat on her at all, Johnny liked her way too much to do that. She broke up with him because she wasn't getting enough attention from him. She just uses that as a sob story to get attention from everybody, and she hates me so much, probably because me and her older sister are best friend and her sister can't stand her too. I never did anything to her, she's the reason I choose not to have friends"

"IM sorry y/n, I-"

"You believed her didn't you?"

"I-"

I scoffed, "you, Daniel have become one of the many reasons why I don't have friends. And to think I actually wanted to be friends."

I walked away and left him there, not waiting for him to say anything to defend himself, I never want to see him again.