29.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you beautiful people that have been there and stayed with me this long. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update.

----------------------------------------------

"How was your night, love birds," Calum asked as Luke loaded us back onto the tour bus. Hinted by the fact that Luke was carrying me, Calum's smirk only widened.

"We uh, had a little accident in the room. Hadley hurt her foot."

Luke looked down at me to hide his face from his obnoxious band mate.

"Save the bullshit for your mother, Hemmings."

Luke started to laugh but stopped when he realized what Calum had just said.

"Wait-"

"She called Ashton this morning since she couldn't get a hold of you. She's flying over to Chicago to see us next week."

Luke's jaw clenched momentarily before he groaned.

"Mumma Liz is coming to town," Calum cooed as his gaze landed on me. "And Mumma Liz is your final judgement call."

"Calum, don't psych her out with bullshit. You know my mum is going to love her."

Luke kissed my forehead and then set me down on the couch opposite the one Calum was sitting on.

"Now I've got to go call and ask her why she decided all of this now."

Luke walked outside, his frustration only deepening when he couldn't shut the door properly. After a few seconds, he finally closed it and my attention fell on Calum.

"What must I know to get on her good side," I questioned quietly.

"Well for one, if she asks if you slept together, don't lie."

I grabbed a pillow that sat beside me and chucked it, hitting him lightly before it bounced off and landed on the floor.

"I'm being serious!"

Calum sat up straight and furrowed his eyebrows as he sat thinking.

"It's not hard to get on her good side, but you have to be careful. If Luke is upset once in the time that she is here, she will instantly disapprove. I think that's how it is with all mothers and their baby boys."

I shrugged.

"No wonder my mom didn't give a fuck about my love life. She was too busy meddling into my brothers."

"You'd rather not be on the receiving end. The pressure is more on Luke. Liz is a little delusional that anything bad has happened to her baby. When Mia broke him, Luke continued to hide his bad habits from all of us. We didn't know he was doing hard drugs like coke until his first trip to the hospital, then he got sent to rehab. We found out about his drinking problem once they admitted him and Liz blamed herself for all of his problems. She began to withdraw from his life mostly because of shock. Soon, she was in denial and would tell herself that Luke is fine. Even though he's better now, he still needs to make it seem as if he's 100% alright."

I stared down at my feet as my heart broke a little.

"So he has mommy issues."

Calum laughed lightly but I could still tell there was a frown on his face.

"Yeah, maybe that's why you two clicked. You both seem to have that problem."

He got up and moved to the door of the bus.

"I hate to break it to Hadley, but if Luke can make it a week with Liz again, you're going to have give him one hell of an explanation why you can't do the same."

He opened the door and shut it quickly behind him.

I was alone with only the thoughts of returning home to reconcile with my parents.