24.

For disowns because she's an amazing writer even though she probably won't believe me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't be serious," I snapped as I got up and began walking away from Rachel.

Jason sighed on the other line.

"I'm sorry -"

"What about Mia," I interjected. "You would've let her go."

"Mia was a different circumstance."

"It's because you don't like me, isn't it?"

"Hadley, it's not that. But I need you here in Seattle."

"Why can't I work from the road?"

He mumbled something incoherently.

"I want you to become an editor as well. I don't think you can handle - "

"I can handle anything, Jason, and you know it. Now I've waited since the day I stepped into that office to go on Warped Tour and I don't want to give it up now."

He huffed.

"I can't give you the office if you stay."

I shrugged to myself.

"I don't need it. Give it to someone else there."

There was a moment of silence as I waited for him to yell at me.

"Fine, I'll have people email their articles to you. But are you really giving your office up for a stupid band?"

I looked over where Luke sat alone, staring at me. I couldn't help but smile and shake my head.

"No, I'm giving it up for a stupid boy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Hadley."

I looked up from my book, knowing the voice that had called my name.

"Hi Luke," I mumbled, pushing my reading glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"Can we, um, talk," he asked, biting his lip.

I looked down and scooted over so he could sit down.

"Yeah, sure."

He sighed and sat down beside me.

"What's up," I asked, concerned.

He sighed again.

"How are you doing?"

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Fine. I should be asking you the same question though. I saw you confiding in your friend Jack at the beach earlier."

He exhaled a sharp breath.

"He was no help."

I could tell by the time that he had probably puked before he wandered to the back lounge to find me.

"I need you, Hadley," he mumbled.

"I need you too, Luke."

"Tell me," he murmured quietly, resting his head on my shoulder. "What do you need to be saved from?"

"Myself," I sighed.

"More specifically," he mumbled against my skin.

"Luke, I -"

"Please Hadley, I really want to help."

I sighed.

"Besides the panic attacks, I'm recovering from bulimia."

His hand found mine and he rubbed it gently.

"How did it start?"

I stared down at the floor.

"Mia got to me."

His other hand gently grabbed my chin and glided it so our eyes met.

"I want to fix you, Hads. Please let me in again."

I stared into his blue eyes. They were filled with hurt and confusion.

I sighed to myself.

"You better remember this is the morning."

I closed the gap between us and roughly placed my lips on his. His hands snaked around my sides, finding their way under my oversized sweatshirt. My hands rested at the nape of his neck, tugging at his hair. He pulled away but rested his forehead against mine.

"As sexy as you are in those glasses, I think it's time for them to go."

He chuckled to himself and took them off of my face, gently placing them on the counter.

"Now where were we," he asked, raising an eyebrow.

His lips met mine again as he laid me down on the sofa, the kiss never breaking. My hands found the way to the hem of his shirt and I tugged on it playfully as his tongue snaked into my mouth. His hands found their way back under my sweatshirt as his hands began to play with my sports bra clad chest. His swollen lips left mine as they traveled down my neck. He sucked softly on my skin and I let out a quiet moan. I felt him laugh against me.

That was enough to bring me back to reality.

I slowly got up and gently pushed Luke down, straddling him devilishly. My lips met his again as my hands ran through his hair.

"Hey Hadley? Luke? What the fuck?"

---------------------------------------------

THIS STORY HIT 1,000 VOTES, I REPEAT, 1K! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. OH MY GOD GUYS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I SERIOUSLY DONT DESERVE ANY OF THIS, IM SUCH A SHITTY WRITER.

SO MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 3 DAYS (JUNE 10) AND I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS TO REACH 20K READS. YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH THAT WOULD MEAN TO ME.

IT IS 4.5K AWAY SO I WOULD LOVE IF YOU GUYS COULD MAYBE SHARE THIS BECAUSE I WOULD DIE.

50 VOTES AND 25 COMMENTS UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER????

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. THANK YOU!

- Hayley