2.

For cahlumbae because she is one of my favorite authors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After packing a small suitcase, I wandered around the hall of my little apartment, a ever present frown on my face.

I walked back into the living room where the boys sat, watching the ground in front of them. They looked up when I sighed loudly, trying to get their attention.

"Are you alright," Ashton asked sweetly. I could tell he was worried by his widened eyes.

"Yeah, just peachy. It's not everyday that you get to go on tour with one of your old favorite bands after being demoted because a bitch stole her article."

Sympathy found it's way to both of their flawless faces.

"It's fine though. You guys are the nicest people I've met in a while."

Ashton smiled but Calum's face stayed at a frown.

"Just you wait until you meet Luke."

The sentence lingered in the air, followed by an extremely awkward moment of silence.

Ashton popped up from the couch.

"Well are you ready to go?"

I looked back at the suitcase next to the door and nodded.

They both got up and made their way to the door, Calum keeping it from shutting on me as I rolled my suitcase behind me.

We walked out into the hall. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head. Only one really bothered me.

I stopped walking and stood still, my face curling to a slight frown. The boys sensed my stop and turned around.

I bit my lip.

"Why is Luke the way he is?"

The two stared at each other. Calum nodded his head at Ashton. Ashton sighed before speaking.

"This isn't really our place to tell you but since you'll be with us the entire summer and there is no way in hell that Luke will tell you, we're going to have to at some point."

He walked over to me. He looked sad and upset, like a child who lost their mother in a big city.

"A few years ago everything was different."

He smiled to Calum who smiled back.

"I know," I said quietly. "I was in love with you guys. Especially him."

I hoped my voice was inaudible but the chuckle that came from Ashton's mouth diminished it.

"You and half of our other fans were."

His face returned to a frown.

"One night, we went out. Luke met a girl. She was dangerous. Reckless, too. She changed him. He started losing his judgement of doing the right thing. Soon, he was a media target. And then the break up. She broke him. She broke him into a million pieces. And his attitude got much worse. He went from the sweet guy everyone was in love with to the monster he is today."

I frowned, remembering the girl that had changed him. My voice trembled when I spoke.

"B-b-but he's just broken. Why can't someone fix him?"

Calum walked over and hugged me gently, a sign of sympathy.

"In order for someone to do that, he'd have to let them in. Sorry babe, but I don't think that will happen."

My mood turned to anger. I got out of Calum's grip and started to yell.

"SO WHAT? YOU GUYS ARE JUST GOING TO DEAL WITH HIM AND HIS FUCKING CRAZY WAYS? IT'S TEARING THE BAND APART. DON'T YOU HEAR HOW YOU TALK ABOUT HIM WHEN HE'S NOT AROUND? HE NEEDS A WAKE UP CALL THIS TOUR, OTHERWISE YOU GUYS COULD BE HOPPING ON A PLANE BACK TO SYDNEY AND BE IRRELEVANT FUCKERS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES."

They both looked at me shocked, clearly from my outburst. I grabbed my suitcase and walked down the hall. I turned around to see them standing exactly where I left them.

"Think about the fans, boys. They don't want to see him like this. You need to stop putting him first and start taking care of yourselves."

They ran to stand beside me.

"We know," Ashton started.

"We might need a little help though," Calum chimed in.

I smiled at the two of them.

"Hey, I'm with you guys for the entire summer. This is our shot. Both of ours, to get back at the top."

They smiled at me. Someone's phone began ringing, playing 'The Middle' by Jimmy Eat World. Ashton grabbed it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hey Michael...yeah, we've got her...don't tell him anything....we can explain it to him together...yes she's attractive...no...we're on our way out."

He pressed the end button and looked at me.

"I'm attractive?"

His face flushed.

"Yes, now lets go. They might leave without us."

I followed the boys out to the front of the building. A big tour bus waited on the curb. A brown haired boy I knew my the name of Michael stood next to it, a nervous smile placed on his face.

We walked over to him. I could see he was eyeing me up through his sunglasses.

"Holy shit guys, she is attractive."

Ashton looked over at me.

"I apologize in advance for anything this moron might say to you."

"It's alright. I used to deal with all of my brothers pervy friends before."

Ashton nodded his head.

"So um boys and attractive girl, sorry but we have a tour to catch."

I looked over at Michael.

"It's Hadley," I spat.

His eyes widened.

"Ooh, you're a feisty one aren't you? Okay, well let's go."

He mumbled his words and couldn't look me in the eyes. Intimidation. The easiest form of scaring the hell out of people.

I followed the boys into the bus and stood looking aimlessly around.

"Um you'll get the full tour some other time. We wouldn't want to bother him."

Again, Michael looked scared. I looked at the other two. They did as well.

"What? You guys seriously can't be scared of him."

Ashton gulped. The other two nodded their heads.

"You guys are in a fucking band with him for fucks sake."

The door slammed at the back of the bus.

"What the fuck is all of this racket about?"

And that's when I saw him. He towered over everyone else. His blonde hair was up in a quiff. His icy blue eyes pierced through you. His lip ring stood prominently on his bottom lip. The gauges in his ears were black. Tattoos covered parts of his body. His toned torso hid behind a black muscle tee and his legs were covered in black skinny jeans.

He almost looked like the guy I used to love. But I was never afraid of that guy. I was terrified of this one.

----------------------------------------------

IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO WRITE THIS BASED ON RECEPTION SO IF YOU LIKE IT AND WANT ME TO CONTINUE WRITING IT, VOTE OR COMMENT.

THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST 2 VOTES BEFORE I UPDATE AGAIN.

THANKS EVERYONE THAT READS THIS, I APPRECIATE IT!

- Hayley