18.

For alltimecalum because Triona, you are rad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke stood from his seat after we had drank a whole bottle of champagne ourselves.

"So Ms. Hemingway, will you do the honor and dance with me?"

I was giddy from the champagne and nodded my head enthusiastically.

He held his hand out and I grabbed onto it, leaving my glass and my sense of control at the table. He whispered little things into my ear before we made it under the tacky night sky. Lights had been strung up around a black dome in a shitastic fashion.

He placed his hands on my hips, a slow song playing in the background. My arms moved around his neck. He smiled widely, his teeth gleaming white. I smiled back, feeling slightly tipsy but fine with the company I kept. And in that moment, among the whisperings, and the champagne, and the stars, I truly felt the emotion of falling in love.

After the song was over, we managed to stumble to our table where Calum and Rachel now sat, staring at us in amusement.

"You have the confidence of two people that downed a bottle of champagne," Calum cooed with a smirk on his face.

I sat down beside Rachel not amused.

"Well if you nitwits weren't so busy on the dance floor, we wouldn't have downed the bottle ourselves," I replied nonchalantly. "Where were you guys, I didn't see you at all?"

"We left as soon as you got on. Might I add, you dance together quite well for some tipsy people."

"What do you expect? I'm not a fucking lightweight Hood."

He shrugged his shoulders at me.

"What if we wanted some?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, your girlfriend couldn't even stand on her own two feet when she was sober, what makes you think she could drink at all tonight. Plus, that my friend," I pointed over to Rachel. "Is a fucking lightweight. You'd be carrying her home."

"She's not my girlfriend," Calum huffed.

"I'm not a lightweight," Rachel replied angrily.

I rolled my eyes again and looked over at Luke who seemed amused by the whole debacle.

"You really do have quite the way with words when you've been drinking Hads."

The smirk on his lips played with the sarcastic remark. I took a swig from my glass and set it back onto the linen tablecloth.

"Fuck off Hemmings," I replied snarkingly.

He smiled bigger but didn't say anything.

"That's what I thought," I mumbled looking down.

"Well I hate to break this love fest up but we should probably get going soon."

I looked up and nodded my head at Calum. Calum and Rachel got up from the table, leaving Luke and I.

"How was the first date," Luke asked, biting down on his lip.

I smiled, the crinkles near my eyes creasing, shaking my head.

"It was absolutely amazing. It was the first time a guy ever truly thought about what I would want."

He set money down on the table and got up, grabbing onto my hand.

"I tried hard on this Hadley. Harder than I've ever tried for girls in the past."

The last sentence gave me an uneasy feeling inside. Past girls. The most recent being Mia.

"Well I'm glad," I smiled falsely.

"And I'm glad you enjoyed it," he smiled back genuinely.

I got up and kissed his cheek, guilt coursing through my veins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how was your date with loverboy," Bella asked as soon as I made my way to the back lounge.

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway, throwing my hair up into a mess on top of my head.

"It was great, except one thing."

I sat down beside her and huffed. She gave me a sad face, her bottom lip jutting out.

"What happened?"

I looked down at the fake tiled floor.

"He told me he had never tried this hard in the past for girls. Girls like-"

"Mia," Bella whispered in annoyance.

I nodded my head, my lips not leaving a frown. Her arm snaked it's way around my shoulder and she pulled me closer to her.

"Don't worry Hads. Please just try to forget about her."

I sighed deeply.

"That's the thing, I try to forget about her and somehow she gets brought back up again. It's like she's still ruining my life even though she isn't here."

"Is she holding you back from Luke?"

I nodded my head again. She sighed softly.

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, Hadley, but you do have some say in who hurts you. Don't let that be her."

I realized then that my life was like a tragic book.

Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.

My life wouldn't be that book. My story was too bland.

----------------------------------------------

THERE SHOULD JUST BE A GAME CALLED, HOW MANY LEONARDO DICAPRIO MOVIE REFERENCES CAN BE MADE IN THIS BOOK. ANYWAY, THERE ARE THREE REFERENCES FROM TWO BOOKS IN HERE. BASICALLY, IF YOU GET THE FIRST ONE, WE'RE SOUL MATES BECAUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME. THE OTHER TWO ARE FROM THE SAME BOOK AND SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS, SORRY IF IT SUCKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4.3K OMG.

I DONT THINK THIS WILL BE UPDATED AT ALL THIS WEEK BECAUSE OF MY TRIP BUT I MIGHT WRITE SOME OF IT.

20 VOTES AND 15 COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER???

I GOT A BIG QUESTION NOW.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME AND WHY????

MINE IS DARK BLUE BY JACK'S MANNEQUIN BECAUSE I COULD NEVER GET TIRED OF IT AND THE LYRICS ARE LITERALLY POETRY.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

- Hayley