27.

For murdermuke because I love her so much and she's a truly beautiful and talented girl.

----------------------------------------------

"Oh my god guys, you actually came!"

I watched as a blonde girl in a very flowing blue dress walked over to the group of us awkwardly standing around.

"I said we were," Luke smiled. He looked over at me and his grin grew. Looking back over at the girl, he wrapped his arm around me.

"Molly, this is-"

"Hadley," she cried out enthusiastically, pulling me in for a hug. "You are absolutely stunning! I love your articles, you are such an amazing writer!"

"Hads, I apologize on the behalf of my cousin," Luke smiled. "She's a bit of a fangirl."

I laughed when she pulled away and glared at him.

"It's totally fine, it wasn't the first time." My eyes travelled over to Luke. "Lukey went a bit crazy when I came along, too."

Luke glared down at me and I returned the gaze with a wide smile. His eyes wandered over my head to Calum and Rachel awkwardly standing near.

"Uh Molly, this is Calum and Rachel," he spoke nodding over to them.

Molly rolled her eyes.

"I know, I introduced myself when you two were staring into each other's eyes."

Luke's face dropped a little as I blushed.

"Well we should probably get in there," Molly spoke sweetly. "Wouldn't want to waste your one and only prom."

We all nodded our heads and followed her as she walked in.

"How did you pull this off," I whispered to Luke.

He smirked.

"After our first social outing, I had to think of a way to outdo myself. Prom just seemed perfect and since Molly goes to a private school with a weird schedule, it fit."

"They're all with me," Molly spoke to the people at the door. They just gave her the nod and waved us in.

Lights fell classily from the ceiling and the place looked elegant with black, white, and red accents around the gym.

"Dancefloor is to the left, tables to the right." Molly turned around and faced us. "I hope you guys have a really nice time," she smiled. "I'll be around if you need anything."

We thanked her before she walked off to find her date.

The music changed from a very upbeat and dancey song to a slow song I had always loved.

"Miss Hemingway, do you care to dance?" Luke held his arm out sophisticatedly, speaking in an overly posh accent.

"I'd love to," I smiled, grabbing onto him.

We made our way to the dance floor and he grabbed onto my waist as my hands fell on his shoulders. His eyes stared back into mine as we swayed to the music.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath.

And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky

Never revealing their depth.

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love.

I'll be captivated,

I'll hang from your lips,

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

I found myself singing along as Luke watched me.

"I'll be your crying shoulder,

I'll be love's suicide

I'll be better when I'm older,

I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

"Hadley," Luke smiled.

"Luke," I smiled back.

"I have to tell you something," he whispered, biting onto his lip.

I nodded for him to continue as we continued to move in sync.

"A few weeks ago, I was hit by an overbearing wave of infatuation. Now I know I said I loved you back then and it has taken me all this time to realize how naive and vulnerable I am around you."

He paused, smiling wider than before.

"And I truly know I'm in love with you."

His eyes held every bit of sincerity in them as they could. My smile must have been huge because he grinned even wider.

"I have something to tell you too."

He smirked.

"Oh really," he asked slowly.

I nodded my head. I waited for the chorus to come along to sing.

"I'll be your crying shoulder,

I'll be love's suicide."

He laughed as I tried my best to sing without laughing.

"I'll be better when I'm older,

I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

His forehead rested on mine.

"I love you, Hadley."

I giggled.

"I love you too, Luke."

----------------------------------------------

26 thousand reads. That's absolutely unbelievable. I love everyone reading this and I appreciate you guys sticking around if you were there for the past 6 or so months I've been writing this. I love you guys so much.

As a writer, I have struggled with overcoming a bump. I ended Oh, Calamity after chapter 27 and now look at the number of this.

I really don't know if I want to continue writing this or not. I've been thinking about maybe just deleting this and never looking back. However, this story has gone places. I never imagined anything of mine would get 1,000 votes. Because of you guys, I did on this. It's you I write this for and I really want to know how much you guys care about this.

So please, if you want me to continue, just comment. I want to know how many of you still care about it.

If so, 50 votes and 25 comments until the next update?

I love you guys a lot. Thank you for everything.

- Hayley