10.

For ThunderLuke because she's a rad girl with a great talent for writing.

----------------------------------------------

My mind told me no. My heart told me yes. Playing around with feelings was one thing, actually loving was another. I tried to look happy as I weighed the options in my head.

1. A relationship. I struggled through them the past few years and realized I didn't need one to be happy. But Luke made me extremely happy. Even though he was an asshole sometimes, I still knew he cared about me. After all, he was the one to comfort me only a couple minutes earlier. But somehow I knew this wouldn't work. It would be a toxic mess and I couldn't hide a secret as big as Mia from him.

2. Turn him down. It was the safer option. I didn't know if he'd blow up at me anytime. A relationship would be risky. We were kids. Adults but kids. Stupid ones. Both with a rebellious streak.

But I had my problems and he had his too. Maybe this could work after all.

I stood up, but he tried to pull me back down. I yanked my hand from his and it dropped to his lap.

"I'm sorry Luke but I don't even really know you."

His sparkling blue eyes shot up from staring at the ground.

"Then why don't we get to know each other?"

Hearing this come from him in a vulnerable voice made me sit back down.

"Of course."

My fingers ran through the grass.

"Full name?"

I smiled.

"Hadley Juliet Hemingway. You?"

Even though we knew the answer was rhetorical, he answered anyway with a big grin.

"Luke Robert Hemmings. Hm, age?"

"21. You?"

"21 as well. Birthday?"

"July 10th."

I stopped playing with the grass and placed my hands in my lap.

"Yours is July 16th."

His eyes widened and his mouth hung open.

"I was a fan, Hemmings. Can't you remember?"

He shut his mouth and nodded his head.

"Then what can I ask that you don't know already?"

I thought for a while.

"Biggest fear?"

He stared at me, his eyes peering into my soul.

"Losing the boys."

There was every hint of sincerity and vulnerability I heard him speak earlier.

"What about you?"

I bit my lip.

"Not being good enough."

"For?"

I leaned back and fell onto the ground.

"Everyone. Especially myself."

Silence swept over both of us for a few seconds.

"Do you think you are?"

"No."

My secret misery played in my mind. I wasn't skinny enough. I wasn't pretty enough. I didn't have the perfect family. I never went to prom or homecoming and I sure as hell didn't have a boyfriend in high school. Fuck, I lost my virginity at 19 to my best friend one night when we got drunk together. I would never be the perfect little girl classified in this fucked up society. I was my own worst enemy.

"Why not?"

"I'm not good enough for anyone Luke."

I heard him move over and lay next to me. He found my left hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You're good enough for me."

I pulled my hand away from his and rolled over on my side facing him.

"No, I'm not Luke. I'm just a big fuck up and your life has been fucked up. You don't need me to mess it up even more."

His eyes stared at me contently, a hurt expression glued to his face.

"I want, fuck it, I need you in my life Hadley. You're the only one besides the boys and the fans that still gives a shit about me. You're not messing up my life, you're making it better. You're fixing me."

His last words came out almost inaudible but I caught them and smiled.

I scooted closer to him and pressed my head against his chest, my arm wrapping lazily around is long torso.

"But what if this doesn't work out?"

His arm wrapped around me.

"Well then Hadley, it'd be an honor to get my heart broken by you."

I shook my head.

"Luke, this is crazy."

"What is?"

"Us. We've known each other for like 2 days."

He thought for a while.

"Sometimes the heart wants what the hearts wants."

"You better not be thinking with your dick again."

"I was serious the first time, I'm serious now."

"You're a cheesy fucker Lucas."

"I wasn't before you came along."

"Then it's my honor to have the cheesiest boyfriend on this tour."

I moved my head up to look at him.

"So that's a yes?"

"That's a hell fucking yes Luke Robert Hemmings."

His head moved closer to mine and our lips touched momentarily. He pulled away then wrapped both of his arms around me and rolled me on top of him.

"I won the bet by the way," I smirked.

"I wanted you to win. So what are you gonna do with me?"

"Just kiss me you idiot."

He obliged. I found it hard to pull away. His lips were intoxicating. His touch was electricity. I was craving him.

"HADLEY? LUKE? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS? WHAT THE FUCK?"

I pulled away and looked up at Ashton standing in the parking lot. I looked down at Luke to see I was straddling him, his hands resting on my hips. I got up as he did too and grabbed onto his hand, dragging him to where Ashton stood.

"Hadley Juliet Hemingway, I love you."

I rolled my eyes but bit my lip.

"I love you too, Luke Robert Hemmings," I mumbled.

----------------------------------------------

OOH, IS HAKE FINALLY TOGETHER???? HOW MANY PEOPLE SHIP IT???

ALSO, THERE IS A REFERENCE TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS BOOK IN HERE. IF YOU CAN FIND IT AND TELL ME WHICH BOOK ITS FROM, I WILL WRITE YOU INTO THIS BECAUSE FACE IT, HADLEY NEEDS SOME FRIENDS IN HER LIFE.

I CANT BELIEVE THIS REACHED 700 READS, IM ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY THE RECEPTION THIS HAS BEEN GETTING.

5 VOTES AND 2 COMMENTS BEFORE NEXT CHAPTER???

I LOVE YOU GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!

- Hayley