Twenty Two

Emma's POV
The Next Morning

Today is the day. Thanksgiving. The day I meet Ethan's whole extended family. Both sides.

Take a deep breath, you'll be fine Emma.

Ethan could tell I was a little nervous.

I was almost ready to go, and I was fixing my hair in the mirror in Ethan's bathroom.

He wrapped his arms around my stomach and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Emma, don't be nervous. My family will love you."

"As long as you love me I'll be okay, Ethan."

He smiled at me before sweetly pecking my lips. "My cousins are gonna love you."

"I'm excited to meet them. Joey and I have some cousins on our moms side of the family, but we weren't very close with them growing up. They lived in Wisconsin, so it was rare for us to see them."

Ethan pecked me on the cheek before pulling away from me. "About ready, hun?"

I smiled softly and nodded at him.

We made our way downstairs, and everyone else was getting their coats and shoes on, and Lisa was carrying a crock pot of food.

Ethan, Joey and I drove a separate car from Lisa, Cam, and Grayson because we couldn't all fit into one car.

We pulled up to a banquet hall, and all of us went inside and took our coats off.

Ethan immediately started to introduce people to me and Joey of course, and one of his aunts even told me that I was beautiful, and asked Ethan when he's gonna marry me.

Ethan shrugged with a smile and said,

"Sometime down the road. We're gonna at least wait until college is over."

I smiled. Ethan actually thinks about that stuff.

Joey was starting to make some friends with Ethan's cousins, and he ended up talking in a circle with some of them plus Grayson. I was glad that Joey was feeling comfortable here.

I started meeting more and more Aunts and Uncles, cousins, and even Ethan's grandparents. They were all so sweet, and excited that Ethan was dating a Californian.

They were also excited to learn that my brother and I were also Italian.

We sat down and ate some good food while hanging out with Ethan's cousins. Most of them were around our age, and they were all really funny, and it was fun to be around them all.

They also made me feel like I was at home, so it was a good experience.

Joey even felt welcomed. I was happy about that.

Anyway, Joey rode back to Ethan's house with Cameron, Grayson and Lisa, and Ethan decided to take me to the ice cream place downtown.

We walked into the store hand in hand, and he ordered a milkshake for us to share. He's so cheesy sometimes.

Not to mention that he only got one straw for us, so we had to pass the shake back and forth to drink it.

Anyway, both of us were having a fun time together, making jokes and laughing with each other. He's my best friend.

When we got home and ready to go to sleep, Ethan flopped onto his bed, and I climbed on top of him.

He instantly tightened his arms around my waist, and rolled over just a tad, so that we were both laying on our sides.