Twenty Nine

Emma's POV
A Week Later

Olivia and I walked into Scooter and Katie's place. Some of our friends were supposed to hang out.

I had a weird feeling in my stomach.

I don't know if it was my gut feeling, but I somehow knew that Ethan was gonna be there.

So when I walked in and met his eyes, I walked out the door and back to my place. I still couldn't face him.

Tears were flowing down my face as I unlocked my door and slipped back into my apartment.

I put my elbows on the counter and put my head in my hands as I started sobbing.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. His touch something I knew all too well.

"Emma." He whispered.

And that's when I got angry.

I turned around and started hitting his chest with my fists.

"You son of a bitch. You broke my fucking heart." I said, crying. "You don't understand how bad you hurt me and now you think you can just walk back in and everything can be fine but it can't. It fucking can't."

"Emma, can we just talk?" He whispered, tears also in his eyes as he gently grabbed my wrists so that I couldn't hit him anymore.

"No, ethan. You lost your chance when you started sleeping with other people. I don't know how to trust you anymore because you probably just wanted to get in my pants the whole time."

"Emma, it's not like that." He said, his voice being a bit lower than his usual baritone.

"I can't deal with this right now. You should go." I whispered.

Ethan stood there for a second with my wrists still in his hands.

He looked down as he released my wrists, and then he walked out without a word.

-

Ethan's POV
A Week Later

I knocked on Luke's door, kind of nervous about what was going to happen.

"Ethan?"

"I need a favor."

"Come on in." Luke said. "What can I do for you?"

"I just need to ask a quick question."

"Okay. Shoot."

"Do you know the name of Emma's dad's band?"

"Storm California."

"Thanks, man. I just really want to make things right with Emma, but Joey and Olivia are mad at me so I couldn't ask them."

"No problem, man. Good luck with Emma."

I smiled and gave a quick wave before I walked out of Luke's apartment.

I got in my car and drove to my friend Max's place.

Max knew I was coming over before I got there, and he was going to help me with my project for Emma.

You see, Max is an up and coming music producer in LA, but he actually grew up in my hometown back in New Jersey.

He was best friends with my cousin Jake, so Grayson and I grew up knowing Max.

Anyway, I got to his house, and we went into his studio.

I guess I haven't told you what I'm doing for Emma.