Fourteen

Emma's POV

I went to bed that night, and I almost couldn't sleep.

Ethan and I had finally started dating, and it felt different than I thought it would.

Don't get me wrong; It felt different because it was even better than I could've dreamed of.

Ethan's my best friend, and he's also my dream guy.

He's the kind of guy you'd see in one of those Disney Channel Original Movies. The one that the main character falls for; the perfect heartthrob.

The way he treats me is something I could only long for in my previous relationship; something I knew existed, but was trained to believe I wasn't worthy of.

Ethan is seriously an amazing guy. He treats me with respect, he supports me in everything I do, he knows how to have fun, he's there for me (and I know he'd do anything to help me if I needed something), and not to mention how freaking hot he is.

I'm so lucky to be able to call him mine.

As I laid in bed trying to fall asleep, I could t stop thinking of all of the memories I've had so far with Ethan.

Running together, him watching me practice at my studio, eating lunch together in between classes, and spending time with our friends.

Before we even started dating we were already best friends, and that is important in a relationship. To be best friends.

The way we fell in love was easy, because we didn't know it was happening.

Becoming best friends was a huge part of it. All of the time we spent together helped us get to know each other, and it slowly helped us get to where we are now.

I remember falling asleep that night with a huge smile on my face.

I was just super excited about everything, and I couldn't wait to see Ethan in the morning.

-

I woke up and drank a smoothie before I got dressed and left to go running with Ethan.

I dropped my book bag off at his place so that when we go to class I don't have to go all the way to my place to get my stuff. His place is right on the first floor by the entrance to the building, so it's more convenient.

"Hey, Ems. How are you?" Ethan asked, giving me a quick hug.

"Good. Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

"Alrighty." I said as we walked out of his apartment and the building.

We started walking towards campus to the track, and once we got there, we started running right away.

Ethan turned to me and quickly pecked me on the lips as we ran, and I smiled at him as we kept running.

"What was that for, E?" I asked, teasing him.

"Cause you're my girl."

"Ooh. I like hearing you say that."

"My girl, my girl, my girl."

I smiled at him again. "You're my man."

"Yes I am, Emmo. By the way, are we getting lunch after psych?"

"Of course. I have an hour and a half in between classes."