Eighteen

Ethan's POV
Two Months Later

Emma and I have been thriving. The age we are at is supposed to be one of the best times in your life, and Emma and I have done a great job proving it to ourselves.

All of the dates, psych classes together, lunch together everyday, running, seeing Emma practice her dance solos. Small parties and get togethers with our friends, and dinners at Joey's house with Emma. Double dates with Scooter and Katie. All of the late nights Emma and I shared together, sleepovers, kisses and cuddles. Everything.

Love.

All while keeping up with school as much as we could.

In a few days, Grayson and I leave for Thanksgiving break in New Jersey.

"Ethan, I'm gonna miss you so much."

I wrapped my arm around Emma, and she curled up next to me. We were sitting on her couch watching a movie. It was a Thursday night.

"Emma. I'm gonna miss you too."

"It's gonna suck not being able to hug you for a week."

"What if you came with us?"

"To New Jersey?"

"Yeah. My mom would love to meet you. My sister will probably apologize to you about me being your boyfriend, but she's just trying to mess with me."

Emma smiled. "That sounds like fun, but I don't know if I could leave Joey here all alone."

"He can come too, Em. My mom always says the more the merrier."

"Are you sure?"

"Emma, you're family now. I'm sure."

"Okay. I'll ask Joey if he wants to join us." She said, getting up to go call him.

I texted my mom and explained, and she reacted just as I expected. The more the merrier.

Emma smiled at me as she walked back to the couch and sat down in her spot.

"Looks like you've got two additional people at Thanksgiving this year."

"Yay! My mom is already excited that you two are coming home with Grayson and I."

"You already told her?" Emma said, laughing.

"I did! She's super excited to meet you, Emma. She's been wanting to since I told her that I started dating this really special girl named Emma."

She smiled and pecked my lips before checking her phone.

"Joey wants to know when you're flying out so that he can get our tickets."

"Tuesday at 8 AM. Delta Airlines from LAX."

"Got it. Thanks, E."

I wrapped both of my arms around her, and kissed her on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said, kissing my lips again.

-
Tuesday morning

Olivia dropped all of us off at the airport, and Emma gave me a suspecting look when Olivia gave Joey an extra long hug goodbye.

I shrugged lightly, and took Emma's hand in mine as we went towards the luggage check.

After that we went through security and sat in the terminal for about an hour before we boarded on the plane.

Emma and Joey's seats were behind mine and Grayson's, and Joey switched with me, so I got to sit with Emma.

It was early in the morning, so Emma rested her head on my chest and fell asleep as the plane lifted.