Ten

Emma's POV

When I turned 15, Joey bought me a storage unit in LA, and turned it into a small dance studio for me.

His house was an hour from LA near our hometown because I was still in high school, but I went there a lot, and it's still set up, so that's where I went to prepare for tryouts.

Luckily it was close to campus.

The week in between coming back to LA from Joey's house, and school starting consisted of going running with Ethan and Grayson everyday (and sometimes just Ethan), hanging out with the gang, and practicing dance. Ethan and Olivia would come with me to my storage unit to cheer me on.

Tryouts are tomorrow, and I have to practice extra hard today.

I already went running with the twins this morning, and then I was getting ready to go to my studio.

Olivia couldn't come today, but Ethan still insisted on joining me.

So, we drove to the studio, and Ethan helped me out by hitting play or pause on the music whenever I needed.

I was working on my accuracy in turns, or in non-dancer language: spinning.

Nothing was awkward between Ethan and I since we decided not to move further yet. I was thankful for that. He was simply my best friend. Nothing more and nothing less.

He understood the boundaries that I needed without even having to talk about it. He just already knew.

Of course our friends still suspected that something was going on between us, and little moments that happened made me feel like there's something there, but I need to get Luke out of my head before I can explore my feelings for Ethan.

I know that I have feelings for Ethan. I just decided that it wasn't going to be fair for either of us if I wasn't over Luke 100%.

I practiced everything I needed to practice for three hours, and Ethan was cheering me on the whole time. He even wanted me to teach him how to dance. I just laughed and shook my head no. I needed to practice for tryouts.

During one of my breaks, I sat down next to Ethan and took a drink from my water bottle. I was still curious as to why Ethan still wanted to come see me practice even though it was just us two today.

"Why'd you still wanna come with me today, E?"

"I like seeing you dance. I can tell it makes you happy, and I really like seeing you happy, Emma."

"Thank you, Ethan. Dance really helps me express myself."

"You posted a dance to No Questions Asked. That's one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs."

"You like Fleetwood Mac?"

"I love Fleetwood. They're one of my favorite bands."

"Me too. My parents were huge fans. As long as I can remember we always had Fleetwood playing in the background of our house."

"Wow. Good taste in music."

"Thanks. You know, Ethan, you're one of my best friends right now."

"Yes!" He exclaimed, a huge grin rising from his mouth. "You're one of my favorite people in California, Emmoooooo."

"What's it like in New Jersey?"

"It depends on what time of year, but the weather is usually pretty nice, and there's a lot of fun outdoor activities there. You can pretty much do anything because it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter."