Thirty Two

Emma's POV
A Week Later

"I'm so happy that finals are over." I said, sitting next to Ethan in my couch.

I had just made a bowl of popcorn for us because we were watching a movie.

He put his arm around me as I curled up next to him, and then he said "Me too. We finally have summer to ourselves now. No more school."

"And it's our first full summer together."

"Do you want to go to New Jersey for a couple weeks with Grayson and I? We're not going right away, but we try go back for a couple weeks during the summer."

"I would love to go with you."

He smiled. "I'm so happy that we're doing better, Emma."

I pecked him on the lips, both of us smiling into the kiss. "You make me happy, baby." I responded against his lips.

He pecked my bottom lip a couple times before pulling away and leaning his forehead on mine.

"We're gonna make this summer about us." He whispered.

I smiled and pecked his lips again. "I would love that."

"I'm taking you somewhere tonight." He said, kissing me on the cheek.

"I thought we were supposed to go to Katie and Scooter's with everyone?"

"We still are. I'm just taking you somewhere beforehand. You and I need to celebrate the end of our sophomore year."

I smiled, and moved the bowl of popcorn to the coffee table before I climbed onto Ethan's lap and nuzzled my face into his neck while our arms wrapped around each other.

"We made it." I said. Ethan's hand was running gently up and down my spine.

"Can we take a nap?" I whispered, softly kissing his shoulder.

He nodded, and I got up from the couch, taking his hand and going into my room.

We shut the door before climbing into my bed, and then Ethan took his shirt off before he pulled me to lay partially on top of him.

I buried my face into his neck, and his arms wrapped tightly around me. He slipped his hand under my shirt and rested it on the small of my back, stroking his thumb across my skin.

I was so happy that we were finally happy again, and I missed simply being the couple that we were and are.

We both fell asleep pretty quickly, and it was an hour and a half when I woke up. I lifted my head to look at Ethan, and he was sleeping peacefully with his mouth wide open.

I chuckled to myself before I sat up, straddling him, and I started softly running my thumb up and down his jawline, and a few minutes later his eyes finally opened.

"Hey." I said, smiling at him.

"Hi." He responded. His voice was kind of husky due to just waking up.

I smiled at him, and he gave me a soft smirk.

"Why you so smiley?"

"Because of you." I said. Let me note how hot he looked.

"What about me?" He asked. "Tell me, baby baby."

"You're just so damn attractive." I whispered.

"Does this mean I'm getting some tonight?" He asked, smiling at me.

I smiled. "You can have some tonight."

"Now?" He asked.

I leaned down and kissed the spot under his ear. "Later." I whispered.