Five

Emma's POV
The Next Day

I already felt so much better. Luke is gone, I'm safe, and I don't have to worry anymore.

I'm also a newly single woman.

I got out of bed and went into my kitchen, and Joey was making breakfast. I sat down, and he put a plate of eggs, toast, and bacon in front of me, along with a glass of orange juice.

"How are we feeling on this fine day, Miss Emma?"

"Joe, I feel so much better already. I've been wanting out for over a year now."

"I know you did, Emma. I could tell. I'm really proud of you for standing up for yourself, and for having enough self respect to end things with him. I'm really happy that you're safe too. I was getting really worried."

"I'm sorry that you had to witness me go through that."

"Emma." He said. "It's not your fault. Don't apologize, okay? I'm just happy you're okay now."

"Thanks, Joey."

-

After I showered and got ready for the day, my friends all decided to go to Ethan, Grayson and Ian's place to hang out.

I didn't know what was going to happen with Ethan, but I didn't mind. I knew we were on our way to something.

There's no way that it's not gonna happen with us.

I felt it in our kiss yesterday.

Anyway, it was really nice to be able to hang out with my friends without Luke hovering over me every two seconds.

I was free. I was finally able to make my own decisions.

It was the best.

A couple weeks went by, and nothing really happened between Ethan and I except random conversations here and there, and us both hanging out with all of our friends almost everyday.

We're going on a run together later, and then we're getting coffee.

I don't know if it's a date, but I really want it to be.

I changed into my running clothes before Ethan knocked on my door.

"Hey, Em. How are you?" He asked, walking into my apartment.

"I'm good. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, come on."

We started our run, and I showed him the course I usually take, which is a run to campus, and then two laps around the whole campus until I reach the coffee shop the second time around.

It's usually about an hour and half run, and Ethan and I ended up running for two hours. We were just talking about high school, and random things about college.

Ethan was a refreshing person to talk to. He had a lot of really funny stories, and he is a great storyteller.

He reminds me a lot of his brother, just because they share the same mannerisms, and obviously since they were raised in the same house, they have the same values.

Ethan held the door for me when we went into the coffee shop; Luke never did that for me.

When we ordered our coffees, Ethan insisted on paying for mine.

When we sat down? He pulled out my chair for me, and while we chatted over coffee, we both put our phones away.

It was starting to get dark outside once we started walking back to the apartments, so we naturally started walking slower so we could spend more time together.