Three

Emma's POV

Joey didn't say anything. He just let me cry. The two things I needed were crying, and my brother.

He's been through many of my crying sessions before, mostly when our parents died.

I was 12, and he was 17 when our mom and dad got in a fatal car accident.

We started living with my grandmother, and once Joey turned 18, he took legal guardianship over me. It was what my parents wanted him to do. That's what was in the will.

Joey did online college until I was in high school, and then he went to UCLA to finish his bachelor's degree.

He made enough money to put me through college, along with the money we both inherited from our parents.

Eventually I fell asleep, and by the time I woke up, it was night time.

I locked the door and laid back down, and I cried myself back to sleep.

It took me two days to decide that I needed to leave Los Angeles for at least a night, and those two days consisted of me only coming out of Olivia's room to go to the bathroom.

After I made my decision, I grabbed my bag and headed out of Olivia's room.

Joey, Olivia, Grayson and Scooter were all in the living room.

They all seemed worried about me when I walked by.

"I gotta go. I'll be back tomorrow." I said, walking towards the door.

I made it to the hallway before Joey lightly grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"Joe, I just need to see them." I said. Mom and Dad. I needed to go to the cemetery to see them.

"Be careful, okay?"

"Okay." I whispered.

He pulled me into a hug, and I almost started crying again.

"I love you, Emma. I'm always here for you. You're the greatest sister I could've ever asked for. Please stay safe."

"I love you too, Joey. I'm afraid I'm not safe here right now."

"Call me if you need anything. Do you have money? You still have the spare key to my house if you need it?"

I nodded at everything he said before he hugged me again, and then I left.

I was putting my bag in the trunk of my car when I heard footsteps.

Paranoid it was Luke, I turned around quickly.

"Emma?" Ethan asked. Breath of relief.

"Ethan, I gotta go."

"It's late. Are you okay?"

"I just need to get out of here." I said, getting in my car.

"Wait."

I turned around.

"Let me come with you. I don't want you going wherever you're going alone. I want you to be safe."

I nodded, and Ethan climbed into the passenger seat of my car.

"I'll be safe as long as I'm not in Los Angeles right now."

"Emma, what's going on?"

I turned up the music really loud because I didn't feel like talking about it, but Ethan didn't seem to mind.

Two hours later, I pulled into the cemetery, and got out of the car without a word.

I walked to my parents' site and sat down.