Preview

Emma's POV

I've been dating Luke since high school. Junior year of high school to be exact. Three years. At first it was perfect. Almost too perfect. I had a gut feeling deep down that it was too good to be true, and it was. But I chose to believe in the benefit of the doubt because the sex was incredible.

That was my first mistake.

Now I'm stuck.

Stuck in a relationship I don't wanna be in anymore.

Luke isn't someone who takes things lightly, and I know that if I try to break up with him, he'll more than likely blow a gasket.

For a long time I was too naive to see the red flags, but they were all there flying high for everyone to see.

He doesn't like it when I hang out with my male friends unless he is there, he makes me come home at a certain time every day, he always has to know what I'm doing or where I'm at, and who I'm hanging out with.

And if I don't follow the rules—I'm in trouble, and he gets angry at me.

Sometimes I follow all of the rules and he still gets mad for something I did wrong.

I don't get what I did to deserve this, but it's slowly killing me on the inside, and I need to find a way out.

I'm just scared that if I leave something even worse will happen.