Chapter 622-626

Chapter 622: Peace Talks

This matter needed to be properly discussed - a force of ten million soldiers was not to be looked down on. Great Qin absolutely could not make the first move; otherwise, if the four sides attacked simultaneously, Great Qin would be in a very dire position.

However, as Great Qin cleared out Hundred Bamboo, they started to feel more and more restless and started to have ideas about attacking Great Qin first.

Zhao Fu gathered all of his Generals and conducted a meeting. When they heard about a force of ten million soldiers, everyone's expressions became quite serious. Great Qin only had a total population of roughly ten million, and they definitely would not be able to defeat them.

Since they could not win in a direct fight, they had to think of subtler means. Great Qin did not lack people who were skilled at strategies and plots, such as Wei Liao, Li Si, and Shang Yang.

"Your Majesty, Great Qin should not attack in this situation, and we should instead try to pacify the four sides," Wei Liao said as he cupped his hands.

Everyone else agreed; since they could not defeat all of the allied regions, they could only try to settle for peace.

After some more detailed discussion, they went about carrying out their plan.

Zhao Fu sent three people out as ambassadors, taking with them 50,000 pieces of Yin Bone China, 500 kilograms of spices, 10,000 bottles of medicinal pills, 10,000 pieces of equipment, and many other items, and he sent them out to the west, south, and north so as to express their friendly intentions.

The eastern side had 3.1 million soldiers, the western side had 2.6 million soldiers, the southern side had 2.6 million soldiers, and the northern side had 2.1 million soldiers. The eastern side was the strongest, while the western, southern, and northern sides were weaker.

However, the ones that Zhao Fu delivered presents to were the three weaker sides, and he did not send any presents to the strongest side. He had no intentions of doing this.

If the four sides only fended for themselves, Great Qin would be able to deal with each of them one at a time. However, Zhao Fu was worried that as soon as he started to attack one side, the other sides would also attack Great Qin.

Facing enemies from four sides, Great Qin would definitely lose, so Zhao Fu had to pacify at least three sides first. The reason he chose the three weaker sides was simple: ordinarily, people would pacify the stronger ones first before attacking the weaker ones.

After all, the weaker ones would be easier to get rid of, and after getting rid of one of them, there would be three left, resulting in less pressure. Anyone would be able to guess what Great Qin's intentions were. If that was the case, they might not accept Zhao Fu's presents and would instead choose to work with the other sides to destroy Great Qin first. After all, the biggest threat was Great Qin.

As such, Zhao Fu decided to do the opposite: pacify the three weaker sides and challenge the strongest one. Because those three sides were relatively weaker, they would not have as much confidence, especially the northern side, which was the weakest. Because they were the weakest, they might be Great Qin's first target.

As such, if Zhao Fu expressed his goodwill to these three sides, it would be quite easy for them to accept that goodwill because they did not have too much confidence in facing Great Qin with their strength.

At the same time, they would all want to see Great Qin and the eastern side fight it out and receive heavy casualties. That way, the danger they faced would be negligible, and they would be able to take down Great Qin without much effort.