Chapter 547-551

Chapter 547: Nian

After entering the New Year Dreamland, all Zhao Fu saw was a hazy whiteness, and he could not see anything properly.

Afterward, his vision started to become clearer, and he found that he was within a boundless white space. His body was hovering in the air, and what made him feel even more surprised was that he had become a little beast.

The little beast looked quite like a little cat and was about as big. However, it also looked a bit like a qilin, as it had a pair of big eyes and a furry body. It did not look scary at all. Instead, it looked a bit cute.

There were other little beasts around him, and they all looked about the same except for the fact that they all had a black mark on their heads. These black marks were one of the characters in their names, and it was quite difficult to tell what the characters were. However, they made it easier to distinguish between different little beasts.

The black mark on Zhao Fu's head was a twisted 'Fu' character.

Currently, Zhao Fu's body was being protected by a white light, and there were many little beasts that were floating in the air. Many of them were talking, making it sound quite raucous.

Some little beasts were chasing after orbs, and after catching up to them, they would bite down, resulting in their bodies becoming a bit bigger.

Some little beasts attacked other little beasts' bottoms, and those that were hit would release a white bubble that was absorbed by the little beast that had attacked, resulting in the attacker becoming a bit bigger.

Zhao Fu soon received a system announcement, and he realized that he had turned into a Nian beast. The white light protecting him was the protection for beginners and for the Nians that had died.

The white orbs were glutinous riceballs, which were split into different types, and they gave a different number of New Year Points. Level 1 glutinous riceballs gave off white lights and would give ten New Year Points, Level 2 glutinous riceballs gave off blue lights and were worth 50 New Year Points, Level 3 glutinous riceballs gave off silver lights and were worth 100 New Year Points.

The higher the level, the more New Year Points they gave. Of course, the higher the level, the rarer they were.

After eating a glutinous riceball, one would obtain New Year Points and become a bit bigger, and one's strength and speed would also be greatly increased.

However, any New Year Points obtained did not automatically belong to those who obtained them, because they could be attacked and the points could be stolen. This was what Zhao Fu was seeing again and again.

The little beasts that were attacked would lose New Year Points, and if they were successfully attacked three times while they had no New Year Points, they would die and respawn elsewhere.

Only after the New Year Dreamland was closed would everyone receive their New Year Points. However, even if one finished with 0 points, as long as they participated, they would receive 100 New Year Points at the end.

Zhao Fu was still under protection, and the other little beasts were not very interested in Zhao Fu. Some went to fight for glutinous riceballs, while others attacked other little beasts, resulting in a chaotic scene.

Zhao Fu first went to a remote place so that he would not be attacked after his protection disappeared. At the same time, he started observing for an opportunity and moved his limbs, trying to become accustomed to this body.

Zhao Fu was in a protected state and would not receive attacks, but he could not attack anyone either and could not eat any glutinous riceballs.

Time gradually passed, and the white light around Zhao Fu's body became weaker and weaker. Just as it was about to disappear, Zhao Fu started to act.